Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Laptop Sound Issue With MK2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Ok, I read up a little about grounding (still not sure how to do it) and I don't think that's my problem here as it does it by ac power or battery power. What it does is plays the music all distorted and at extremly low volumes. It works great on my desktop and I just got my laptop in today. I've got it in mk2 mode under sound card and in wdm mode for the hercules control panel. My laptop specs are Dell Inspiron b130, 1 gb ram, 80 gb hard drive, pentium m. 1.80 ghz. My mk2 is routed through an external mixer and into my home stereo. Hopefuly I'm just missing something simple, any help is much appreciated, thanks;^]

Posté Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 2:14 am
Nevermind, I feel like a jackass now. I forgot I had added a 14 band EQ, and hence forgot to cut the power to it..lol (and smacks my head). It sounds pretty good now, though the music stutters here & there;^]

Posté Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 2:42 am
hehe..

The stutter.. Make sure your USB have FULL power! that means run it alone on a usb port, or if that is not enough (some laptops have bad powered usb), buy a powered usb2 hub.. :)

Also turn OFF all powermanagement on your laptop, both in Windows and BIOS. It interrupts the audio transfer

Posté Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 6:22 pm
I can't seem to find anything called powermanagment in windows (win xp) and in bios (version a08) I can't find an option to disable powermangment altogether. In bios should I just disable everything listed under powermanagment? Where do I find powermanagment in win xp?

Posté Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 12:32 am
Right-click your desktop...

Under screensaver setting, you will find "Power setting"

Turn your laptop to "Always on" and turn off hibernate and sleep functions

But this is NOT the nr1 reason for audio drop outs over usb...
The nr1 reason is under-powering.. (with laptops)
If you have lots of drop outs, try a powered usb hub instead

Also, a different reason, can be IRQ sharing. Where interupts from other hardware on same IRQ as your USB, might interrupt the audio stream

Posté Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 2:54 am
It's not the usb, It does it more without VDJ or the mk2, not that it's a heavy problem, but it did a couple of times while I was watching a WWE dvd in the car earlier. It just stutters once, twice at the most & then carries about normaly. I'm gonna go turn off those power features now & see how that goes. hopefuly I won't need to change the BIOS. Thanks, I'll give an update tomorrow or sooner;^]

Posté Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 3:38 am
I just listened to the 17 minute version of In A Gadda Da Vida with no stutters or problems. So good so far, thanks again;^]

Posté Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 4:16 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)