Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Copying Playlist?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

dj ripHome userMember since 2005
Is ther a way to copy my playlists so that they target the songs on my external hard drive that I have transferred all of my music to instead of targeting my hard drive from the PC that I transferred my music from. Any suggestions?

Posté Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 12:58 am
If you are using Windows Media Player (hereinafter referred to as WMP) to rip your songs in to, don't save the files in My Music - instead, save them in Virtual DJ's Music folder. When you put them in WMP's rip folder, save them as artist-title - this should make it display the title in the Title field and artist in the Author field of Virtual DJ. Add the following to the Copy to CD field of WMP:

Title

Artist (running time is placed between the two by default - leave that in)

Genre

Album Artist (you can put your own disco's name in there, if you wish, if you are using compilations)

Album

By doing this, Virtual DJ will then create a folder with the Album Artist, then subfolders with the album name, then the tracks. You will also need to analyse the tracks - doing it all afterwards, though, can take several days, depending on the size of your collection. Putting it in WMP's My Music folder would make location difficult. You can make it seach for files - but, if you have a large music collection, it can take several days.

I hope I have been some help. Somebody taught me the "Artist-Title" trick (can't remember now who it was - thanks very much).

Posté Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 11:27 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)