Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet tc vinyl + u46dj not working - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

xspotxPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi,

okay so I just bought virtualdj (i hope it shows that i registered now, the page somehow wasn't updating...) and played around with it, but i think there's something wrong with the u46 drivers. anyways, here's what i use:

tc vinyl (latest generation i guess since i bought them in june)
2xtechnics mk5
u46dj with latest version (1.06) of the drivers installed
win xp pc with over 1gig ram and 1.8ghz amd 64 (so the hardware really shouldn't be an issue)

and here's my issue: it seems like i am not getting the damn u46dj drivers to work

- there's no sound coming out of the boxes, and when loading virtualdj it says "error in the asio sound driver: not enough channels". i got the whole setup to work with the asio 4all drivers, but latency is shit and i have mad drops with those drivers. trust me, i'm not stupid and played around with the settings for HOURS and pressed about every button you can possibly press. tried reinstalling the u46dj drivers, tried the old ones, tried uninstall/reinstall virtualdj, and so on.

the only thing i noticed, is that in the u46dj manual it says the device should appear twice in the hardware monitor, but for me it only shows up once - and like i said, uninstalling won't help.

i hope someone can help me out asap so i can finally start spinning and become a world-famous dj :D

peace

spot

Posté Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 1:06 am
ps yes i paid damn € for the software and entered the license key in my profile, don't ask me why it isn't showing...

Posté Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 1:09 am
oh yeah in the pc i also have a rme hammerfall hdsp 9632 pci soundcard installed, but since you can select the drivers in the virtualdj menu i guess this shouldn't be an issue. right??

also, from the channel selection i have selected:

in: 1&2: left, 3&4:right
out: in: 1&2: left, 3&4:right

like i said this all worked (but with mad dropouts) with asio4all

mixer is vestax vmc-180 by the way.

Posté Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 1:20 am
To get in low latency mode, try shutting VDJ off, load the u46 settings control panel and select your bitrate, asio mode, etc. and then reopen VDJ. Note sure, I'm not using the u46dj but the hercules mk2, and with it I can't change the settings while VDJ is open (and got the "error in asio sound driver" message if it was in WDM mode), not sure if u46dj would have this limitation though. Once you get into TCV mode, make sure you open the VDJ TCV auto config panel. It seems somewhat to be neccesary for TCV in my experiance, but again I am using the rather high latency mk2.

Also, don't use asio4all for anything but testing and troubleshooting since you have the u46dj, I was told asio4all is merely an emulation. Hope you get it up running soon;^]

Posté Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 1:26 am
hey timmy, thanks for the quick reply.

well i can only open the u46 settings panel from virtualdj - where do you access yours from?? in the dropdown menu under "sounds and audio devices" it only shows all the in/outputs of the rme soundcard. if i config it from the virtualdj config panel, i got it set on 44.1khz and 512 buffer, so i guess that should be fine as well.

Posté Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 1:37 am
Maybe you've only installed WDM drivers and not ASIO, but how did you download the software if it says you're a no license user.

Posté Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 1:46 am
With the hercules there is a control panel seperate from VDJ where you can set your bitrate, WDM/ asio, etc.. The u46dj I would think would have a similar control panel (considering some may use it for sonar, tracktion, etc). Find the program files for the u46dj software, it might be hidden in there if it is there. To avoid the skips try raising your buffer leval, tcv and the mk2 don't function well on my system below around 1300;^]

Posté Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 1:46 am
okay so the other day i started virtualdj up and everything just went smooth. today i started up again and nothing is working.

@STAFF: I entered my serial many times and double-checked that i entered the email address matches the one i provided to buy virtualdj, and i still don't appear as a registered user. so, please make me a registered license user. and if you can't help and provide me with some answers i'll want my money back soon.

peace

spot

Posté Sun 09 Jul 06 @ 5:12 pm
xspotx,
you are showing up as professional user, so do not worry.
Why are you using the asio4all driver? Asio4all is used for sound cards that do not have (native) asio drivers like soundblaster sound cards. The Esi Asio drivers should work ok.
I've seen someone with the same problem as you describe. We also tried to get it working, but the only solution was to completely reinstall Windows. After reinstalling only install the Esi drivers and not the Asio4all drivers.
What you could try before reinstall: In the TimeCode setup select the U46DJ, but with the Esi Asio driver. Then open up the Esi setup screen from within VDJ. Then try around different Asio buffer settings.
Ewout

Posté Sun 09 Jul 06 @ 8:25 pm
hey,

i installed the asio4alld drivers cuz the esi drivers did not work...uninstalled them now though. like i said, the whole thing went smooth for a whole session, and now it's all messed up again. i can't even remember doing any changes.

sorry i don't get what you mean with "in the timecode setup, select the u46dj, but with the esi asio driver" - there only is one driver in the tc config screen called "asio 2.0 - u46dj". all the other drivers i can select are from the rme soundcard.

i tried changing the buffer size of the esi driver in the asio config screen, but that didn't help either.

regarding reinstalling win xp, i have a whole bunch of software and configurations running on my system, you can imagine that i really don't feel like reainstalling all of this again...

Posté Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 12:29 am

Posté Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 12:36 am
yes v. 1.0.16 is installed

Posté Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 12:51 am
when you open virtual dj, and go into the settings of the low latency time code option is there a dropdown box in the top right hand corner? it should have 3 options, like U46DJ, U46DJ 44Khz, and U46DJ 48Khz (it might not be exactly that but it's along those lines)? Select the first one without any sample rate.

Posté Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 1:33 am
no, there's only 1 option called "u46dj" appearing.

Posté Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 10:55 pm

Posté Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 11:00 pm
i tried reinstalling the drivers, i have all the options now, but it's still not working. i followed the steps in the guide as well.

Posté Tue 11 Jul 06 @ 8:20 pm
I tried once to use Virtual Audio Cable for routing output from VDJ to Steinberg V-stack (a VST-nest program) because I wanted to use VST plugins.

That was a BIG mistake.

Whatever I tried (and I´m really, really good with computers (-:) the routing of the U46DJ signal to VDJ was lost and could only be restored by re-installing WinXP.

My advice to you is: Go to a friend and install the whole thing at his/hers place (don´t worry - there´s no limitation regarding the #serialnr., so you wont fuck up your license). If it works - re-install your own machine. If it don´t - come back here and post again.

Posté Mon 17 Jul 06 @ 11:00 pm
hmm will see...there must be some other solution to this though!

Posté Wed 19 Jul 06 @ 9:11 pm
guys this is not what i really call support. anybody here??

Posté Sun 23 Jul 06 @ 2:28 pm
xspotx
There is support. Best suggestion was from Junker Juks, but if you just ignores it...

Like I said before, If the Asio4All stuff is on your pc once, it is hard to get rid of it. The only way we got it working for the other user was a complete reinstall.

So I also suggest the same as Junker Juks recommends: Get another pc, where no VDJ, No Asio4All, and No Esi drivers are installed.

Then First install VDJ, restart pc, start VDJ, fill in your serial, close VDJ, install Esi drivers, restart pc, connect Esi, start VDJ, config timecode, test

Keep in mind that you should attach the Esi only when the installation of the drivers ask for it and not earlier. If the installation does not ask for attaching the Esi, then first reboot after installation, then connect the Esi. If the setup from the Esi is completed (The card show up in Unplug or Eject hardware), then Start VDJ.

Ewout

Posté Sun 23 Jul 06 @ 2:43 pm
56%