Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet about stability and search please!!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi all

My name is Tim. I am a professional dj now using BPM studio with console etc. I want to switch to Virtual DJ but I have the following questions:

1. I want to buy a laptop with a couple of USB harddisks connected to it and then work with the DJ console MK2 (maybe) and a Pioneer mixer. During my checks with the free version, the search (find music)function used to crash when i tried to search music on USB connected disks. What about that? Is it possible to connect external hd's and have that music found in VDJ?

2. Any tips on what laptop and hd's etc / configuration settings are welcome.

3. Is it stable now? All my trial versions have crashed so far. And what functions are particularly tricky?
thx

Posté Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 12:30 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
1. VDJ 3.4 PRO works well with USB disk. I have 500GB exretnal HD and it works with VDJ, search and all.

2. look here

3. v3.4 it very very stable. The only functions that are possible to crash VDJ sometimes are effects. I use most of effects and no one crashed VDJ ever.

Posté Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 3:13 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Same here, i use more than one external drives and configurations and search is very flexible and the -fastest- on earth.
It just need some attention how to use it, because when you click on the local database icon then the search box becomes a filter as you type letters, so if you have many x0000 files avoid to sort by artist/title/bpm when all your files are displayed (this is useless anyway) as this might freeze the gui temporary, but that's normal.
Best way is to use shortcuts, you'll have search results and ready to play in 3 seconds..., even with huge databases. Search also accept wildcards...

Posté Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 4:58 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I use to use 2 externals. and didnt run into any problems

Posté Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 5:21 pm
Thanks fellaz

Posté Tue 11 Jul 06 @ 12:27 am
I had same problems with mk1 (and vdj 1.08-09) version
also maybe later, but v.3.4 works like charm (knock on the wood)

Posté Wed 12 Jul 06 @ 8:11 pm
I use 2 external drives also, but now use a powered usb hub. My power supply is on the small side.

Posté Wed 12 Jul 06 @ 8:20 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)