Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet No BPMs over 200? - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

I got my Promo Only Hot Series DVD today, ripped it, and started renaming tracks. For some tracks I will enter the BPM right off the track listing. Well there is one track which is 220 BPM. (No really 220 BPM) When I put 220 into VDJ, it rounded it down to 200. Is there a way I can get VDJ to list the correct BPM?

Posté Sat 22 Jul 06 @ 12:21 am
It's not a direct solution, but you could set the tempo to 110, and then add a note to the track that reads (x2) or something.

Not ideal, but it should work.
Steve

Posté Sat 22 Jul 06 @ 1:35 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
even beatmach/ bpm sync will work this way, not that bad..

Posté Sat 22 Jul 06 @ 1:49 am
bpm 220?!?! WOOOT?

that must be some fast gabba techno song! ;) loool

Posté Sat 22 Jul 06 @ 4:10 am
It's actually an alternative song. I don't need the BPM for mixing purposes, I need it to be accurate so I don't throw it into a playlist of medium tempo songs based on BPM and have this alternative frenzy come up. :) Although I guess with it being at 200, I wouldn't put it into a playlist on accident. lol I'm really just curious if there is any way to modify it manually. (I'm guessing the XML file?)

Posté Sat 22 Jul 06 @ 4:14 am
nah unfortunatelly I've asked for the BPMs to go up much higher like 500bpms since I do have some tunes that are much faster then 220bpms myself.

Posté Sat 22 Jul 06 @ 8:21 am
Do you see yourself actually playing this track? Is this going to be big on your request list?

Posté Sat 22 Jul 06 @ 8:22 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Wow over 200 Bpm That sorta reminds me of Basic Training and M16 Rifle Fire...or that little guy inside your head the morning after you had one too many.

Posté Sat 22 Jul 06 @ 9:41 am
@a man and his music

I do play them occasionally depending on my crowd. Some are gabber fans so I stick to what the crowd wants :/

Posté Sat 22 Jul 06 @ 4:33 pm
I don't get many requests. Since the majority of the time I DJ during the day, there are some spots when the crowd is light (Like empty), and I will play some tracks just to fill time. It is possible I would play it during those 'down' times.

Posté Sat 22 Jul 06 @ 6:34 pm
@DJ white DVL

My reply was directed to DJderricke. I had not seen your post yet. What are "gabbers"?

@DJderricke

What I was implying was, do you even need this track? I have not gotten that track yet. I suspend my subscription, and pick up July, Aug, and Sept, at the AC convention. I get a great deal, and save a little money. So do you rip every video off the disc, even though you may never play it? There are some things we don't want to rip, but say to ourselves, some body's gonna ask me for this. We know from experience that it may have a very small appeal to one person, in my entire region of play. However, there are some tracks that never see the light of my hard drive, because from experience, I know that it will never get played. Even if I get a request for it, I know I am not going to play it, because the other 94% of the guest, will not like it. Now, there are exceptions to my rule, but I am not talking about that. You know, the client ask for a stupid song BEFORE the affair, I get it. But, I can say "I'm sorry, I don't have that song", to anyone that ask for an inappropriate request. I don't have to have every song, ever recorded. I did not always think like that though. When I first started, I would get very upset if I did not have a request. I work in the daytime, and have had a few of those empty club moments, so I feel you. That's great practice time

Posté Sat 22 Jul 06 @ 7:20 pm

Posté Sat 22 Jul 06 @ 8:29 pm
@Man

I'm sure I will not play this track, but you never know. :) The club I work for has a subscription to Promo Only, so it's not coming out of my pocket. :) I rip everything for our other DJ who might play something that I wouldn't. Our discs then get put in a safe because we have another DJ who brings in his own rig, and he doesn't know how to handle DVDs. (Two days after he gets his hands on them, they magically don't play anymore.

Posté Sat 22 Jul 06 @ 8:37 pm
@Norway

Only 1 of those links worked, but it was enough. Now I know, why I don't know, what a gabber is. So that's what those people are dancing to, that can't catch a beat. You know, the ones on your dance floor, that can not possibly be dancing to the music you are playing. It's just a shame that some people are not born with the rhythm gene, and can't even buy it. I'm gonna cry now.

Posté Sun 23 Jul 06 @ 2:08 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
there are lots of people that like gabba and hardstyle mate, i’m one of them

if you don’t get it that’s down to you but don’t use the forum as a place to slate people you don’t understand. bottom line is some people need VDJ to go above 200 BPM.

if VDJ didn’t go below 100 BPM and you had to put all your slow hiphop at 190 BPM with a little note i bet you wouldn’t be best pleased

Posté Sun 23 Jul 06 @ 8:23 pm
DjXeo, I do not believe I "slated" anyone. It is obvious our cultures, and sense of humor are different. If you were offended by my post, that was not my intentions. However, your last sentence was not only inaccurate, but laughable. Personally, I don't need it, and have done without bpms, for quite some time. You see, some of us were great DJs, before computers, software, and bpms. We never knew, or cared what the bpm was, and still made great mixes. This is just one thing I have learned, by being there when it all started. Something I am quite proud of. The fact that VDJ does bpms, is a great feature. If VDJ can calculate bpms to 400, and it helps you, that's fine with me. Peace to all the gabbers & DJs that play for them.

Posté Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 7:31 am
A Man and His Music wrote :
We never knew, or cared what the bpm was, and still made great mixes

So true man. I still do this to this day even with VDJ and all the auto bpm stuff it offers. Its more work but if VDJ or PC ever crashes I've always got some extra vinyl with me for the rest of the night ;)

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posté Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 5:34 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I love finding BPM by ear it reminds me of the diffrence between a Pro Dj and a bedroom Dj, and the reason we charge more

Posté Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 5:48 pm
Ah, remember the days when you bought a record, and played it. That was it. No analyzing, gaining, normalizing, bpming, scanning, tagging, renaming, codecing, new drivering, formatting, reformatting, installing, uninstalling, reinstalling, searching, finding, filing, msconfiging, crashing, rebooting, spamming, phishing, pharming, spywareing, adwareing, virusing, uploading, downloading, and we can't forget the blue screening of deathing. Phew, I am ing tired.

Posté Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 8:00 pm
@ PhillDJ

I love doing that too. Even more than that I love telling people the BPMs of a song I've just heard a few bars of, and verify that I was within 3-4 bpms. I've been using my ears as bmp counters for years. However with the kind of djing I do while I'm at work, (I'm a strip club dj) I'm not hot mixing all night long. (I save that for my other club gigs) In my line of DJing it is very important to keep energy in the room, or slow things down a bit when the room gets slow, so I rely on BPMS for this:

72-85 - A few people in the room
86-95 - Moderate crowd, building the energy at this point
96-120 - Good room, energy flowing, beers flowing :)
121-140 - Energy off the hook, room packed, lots of money being thrown on the stage.

And also remember, I'm not just playing house, techno, rock (classic or otherwise), or hip-hop, I'm playing ALL of it. So for me VDJ is a godsend because I can focus on the room instead of trying to remember a particular song. (I also only have 2:30 per song so I gotta find the next song, FAST!)
So I find myself often seeing where I want to go beat wise and search for a song within that range. I also work very hard to not play the same 20 songs over and over again. When scrolling through the list, sometimes an old classic comes out at me, or a song I've never really listened to but would fit into the room. I can't always rely on my memory. (Gettin older here.) So for me VDJ is a tool which I use to get my job done to the best of my ability.

P.S. Just because a carpenter uses a nailgun instead of a hammer to pound a nail doesn't make him any less skilled in what he does. :)

@Man

I actually miss the days in Chicago of going to three different record stores on a Saturday, dropping $200 or more on a stack, then ripping the plastic off and playin' that mutha when I got home. :)

Posté Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 8:09 pm
87%