Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Is it possible?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hello, I'm brand new to Virtual DJ and want to know A, if this is possible and B, How to do it.

I occationally need to DJ for a party full of Ballroom Dancers. I would like to be able to set up a playlist of different styles of Music, and have that start to play a song, have the song fade out at 2 minutes, then have the next song start. This way I can just set up the laptop, start the playlist and not have to worry about it for the rest of the party so I can join in the dancing.

I've played with having a list and haveing it set to automix, but this has a couple problems. First the beatmatching has got to go. Ballroom dancers hate when their songs change tempo mid song. Second I need it to fade out, say over ten seconds after having been played for 2 minutes, then have the next song start from the beginning. Again Auto mix is doing a crossfade, then starting mid song.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm thinking something with crossfader curves plugin might work?

Help please!
Thanks in advance,
Dirk

Posté Sat 22 Jul 06 @ 12:40 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You can adjust the crossfade time and also disable the auto bpm in the config tab

Posté Sat 22 Jul 06 @ 8:40 pm
Or you could hire a real DJ, and you could dance all night, and not have to worry about the music.

Posté Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 8:19 am
I look at those options, Thanks for the tip.

As for hiring a dj, that would go completely against what I need to do. I'm looking to avoid needing a dj several times a week.

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 4:47 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)