Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Where is Version 4.0 - Page: 4

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
TexZK wrote :
They MUST add full MIDI messages support if they want to be fully compatible with EVERY MIDI device... AND let us to make external DLL mappers. I hope they will release a plugin interface for external DLLs...

External DLL Mapper // Plugin interface: Have you looked in the Download section at the SDKs ?? There are a few who have written a mapper for the DAC2, DAC3, and DJConsole -- All DLLs. Also, if you are big

As for being Fully Compatible to every MIDI device. I don't think any one software is 100% comaptible with all MIDI devices. However, with time and support from the user community I think VDJ and Atomix tries hard to support what is common in the industry. The BRAND NEW and FRESH OFF the SHELF stuff takes time and effort.

cstoll

Posté Fri 28 Jul 06 @ 8:18 pm
i dont expect native support for my xone 3d but just proper understanding of the type of midi code that rotary encoders and jog wheels create. i also have a faderfox dj-2 and vdj cant understand its rotary encoders either. i know the faderfox and xone 3d arent that popular amongst vdj users but if they could just add midi support like traktor i would be in heaven.

Posté Sat 29 Jul 06 @ 3:06 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I am not a big midi device user, however; I know there are some of my fellow VIPs that are big midi users and are helping to improve v4 so it has better midi support. To what extent and its compatibility with your two devices I can not say. But, I can assure you it's is being looked at for improvement in v4.

cstoll

Posté Sat 29 Jul 06 @ 8:59 am
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Ya know... this is so funny.

I asked a question about 4.0 about a week ago and the topic was immeaditaly locked.

But this topic and thread still goes on.

I'm glad the powers that be let this thread remain open.

I still want an answer to my question though. The thread that I opened was...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

djcity

Professional edition user
[TimeCoded Vinyls]

Posted Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 10:38:51
Tell me, Is there a way to have both version 3.4 and 4.0 (when released) on the same machine?

I have been using 3.4 for so long now I am very used to it and I do not want to run into any unexpected problems wiht 4.0 (when it's released).

I guess the long and short of it is...

I WANT BOTH ON MY MACHINE
Moderation staff

Moderation team
[Private message] [Ban this user from sending me private messages]
Posted Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 10:43:47
Please wait for 4.0 release, topic closed.
- Topic or forum closed -

Posté Sat 29 Jul 06 @ 3:19 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm sorry, you misunderstood me. I have already done a DJC mapper, but it has a fixed interface, while I need a flexible one. I just need to link a DLL on VDJ startup, then I can do everything with it. And there aren't many parameters I can get from VDJ, I'd like to get EVERYTHING from it, you can't understand what it means for me as programmer.
If you add a flexible MIDI support, like the one in Traktor, you will link EVERY, I mean EVERY MIDI device to VDJ. MIDI messages are damned simple to catch, as Windows' functions let you do it in the same way for each MIDI device. So, there isn't problem to map a BCD2000 or a X-One 3D. Those are just marketing problems, because with APIs you can do EVERYTHING with your resources. You don't understand how much power we haven't taken from VDJ yet, but we will if the team will be more flexible, and they will earn more. Just build common classes, portable and structured in a good framework. If you have them, you can do everything.

Posté Sat 29 Jul 06 @ 7:57 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You mentioned Traktor, but BCD still needs Bome's Midi Translator to work properly with Traktor.

Posté Sun 30 Jul 06 @ 11:48 pm
Reading about future BCD2000 support now has me torn between buying a Hercules DJ Control MP3 or the BCD2000. If Atomix sold a bundle with BCD2000 and VDJ 4.0 for a good price I might get that.

Suggestions of BCD2000 vs Hercules DJ Control MP3 or DJ Console MK2?

Posté Sat 12 Aug 06 @ 6:33 pm
To help other people and to get the opinions started...

While reading a review of the BCD2000, I've read that an editor said this:

"I did get to try the scratch controllers on the Behringer gear at NAMM, and they did feel reasonably good to me for a basic, rotating plastic controller; in my opinion, better than the Hercules device in both build quality and response. -PK"

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2006/05/21/cheap-functional-quirky-bcd2000-midi-controller-review/

"Party Dog" said this:

"I brought one of these BCD2000 units in favour of Hercules DJ because the build quality unit is better."

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2006/06/26/update-behringer-bcd2000-dj-controller-not-mac-compatible-yet-not-really-shipping/

Posté Sat 12 Aug 06 @ 6:52 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)