Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet M-Audio FireWire410

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

djstoliHome userMember since 2006
Anybody know how to hook up the M Audio Firewire 410 to 2 cd decks & a mixer and use it with Virtual Dj software?

Posté Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 4:27 am
djStoli,
you probably mean: Hook up 2 cd decks to the FireWire410 and connect the firewire410 to a mixer? This is described best in DJ Dams Blog. Your sond card and your mixer look probably different, but the connection is the same.

Keep in mind that this setup is only working in the full version of VDJ and not in the Demo.
Ewout

Posté Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 7:39 pm
yes, and you can't acces to dam's blog before buying the software, best regards.

Posté Tue 25 Jul 06 @ 12:37 am
and it's a shame that Dams treats registered users like he does... he should be more patient, anyway best wishes for him.

Posté Tue 25 Jul 06 @ 2:35 am
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
manquin_dj wrote :
you can't acces to dam's blog before buying the software

Wrong, this blog can be accessed by everybody, please check your informations.

manquin_dj wrote :
and it's a shame that Dams treats registered users like he does...

Can you tell me why you say that ?

Posté Tue 25 Jul 06 @ 8:54 pm
Dams wrote :
manquin_dj tu utilises un traducteur automatique ? parce que la ca veut rien dire...

I'm sorry if what I wrote didn't help or is not understandable, my only purpose was to help...

Posté Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 12:23 am

thats ok ;) dont worry

Your translator tool said that Dams is not good. But now we know the reason for that weird statement.
Your translator tool played you a trick, and it came out wrong... as an accusation towards Dams ..hehe

But now we know why ;) Translator tools do not always work good :)

Posté Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 12:29 am

Posté Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 12:39 am
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Yes I asked you to stop writing in this forum if you don't speak french, because your messages mean nothing. I didn't speak to you without respect.

Posté Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 9:07 am

everything is clear now, and I never said you didn't talk with respect I only mention you should be more patient,

manquin_dj wrote :
he should be more patient, anyway best wishes for him

since I'm a french learner (not native) , and in that message as you can see I only gave a link for getting the pro version and if that means nothing you should check thousands of post in which people only give the link to buy vdj pro and saying "nothing", thanks.

Posté Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 5:15 pm
socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I've got the Firewire 410, and while I don't use TCV, I don't think you can use it with TCV.

For TCV, you need 2 pairs of inputs. The FW410 has 2 line inputs in the back, 2 SPDIF inputs in the back, and 2 XLR/combo inputs in the front. Normally, you could hook up one TT to the line inputs in the back, and the other to the combo inputs in the front, but the FW410 doesn't allow you to use both the line inputs and combo inputs at the same time - you have to choose which to use. The only way you might be able to get this to work is if your TT could use the SPDIF inputs, but I don't know much about SPDIF, so I'm not sure about it. I know Numark TTX's have SPDIF outputs, but I don't know about your stuff.

Anyways, I think you're better off getting another soundcard, one that has 2 sets of line inputs.

Posté Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 5:17 pm
Thanks man, that helps me out. The Firewire 410 actually does let you use 2 inputs, you just have to screw around with the settings, but ill think about getting an easier piece of interface. I guess when i set it up, all i got was the sound of the timecoded cd coming out and not the songs i want to play. I guess thats my real problem.

Posté Thu 27 Jul 06 @ 9:35 pm
you need to mute your line in , not in recording settings but playing.

Posté Thu 27 Jul 06 @ 9:50 pm
yea, that was it. Damn, thanks, that saved me hours of struggle. The firewire 410 is not the best afterall. Is there any firewire device you recomend that works with VDJ?

Posté Fri 28 Jul 06 @ 2:16 am
Well, not many people work with this kind of soundcards, I would better recommend you the esi u46dj usb, best regards.

Posté Fri 28 Jul 06 @ 5:34 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)