Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Why is there an " * " with some bpms

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

It's not in the manual. many of my mp3's have an * after the number. Just wanted to know what it meant. i noticed that the screenshot in the manual also shows these.. without explanation. :)

Posté Fri 28 Jul 06 @ 1:11 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
i think it was something to do with autio mix, means that the song is analysed well enough to have fade in and fade out points guessed or something, im sure someone in the know will pop in some time soon

Posté Fri 28 Jul 06 @ 1:59 am
Maybe someone can confirm this, but I believed it to be pretty much what xeo said. If the * is there, it means not only has it worked out the bpm when analyzed but i can also detect the actual beats and kinda grab onto them, making it suitable for the auto mix function.

Posté Fri 28 Jul 06 @ 4:24 pm
If that's the case then it's only grabbing 10% of the files correctly then

Posté Fri 28 Jul 06 @ 5:42 pm
DJ Mad Maxx wrote :
If that's the case then it's only grabbing 10% of the files correctly then

what kind of music are you playing? and more importantly, are you actually going to use the automix feature?

Posté Fri 28 Jul 06 @ 7:42 pm
All styles.. but mostly top 40. I rarely use the auto mix. It just annoyed me that i didn't know what the * was for. The thing that's funny is that i have some duplicate tracks and one will have it and the other doesn't.

Posté Fri 28 Jul 06 @ 10:44 pm
DJ Mad Maxx wrote :
All styles.. but mostly top 40. I rarely use the auto mix. It just annoyed me that i didn't know what the * was for. The thing that's funny is that i have some duplicate tracks and one will have it and the other doesn't.

don't let it bother you is my advice. it's not really important. i think it's a feature that aimed mainly at house/dance music with a steady 4/4 beat, hence why a lot of your stuff won't be ideal for automixing.

Posté Sat 29 Jul 06 @ 5:37 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Yes the "*" means that the songs will be well mixed by automix (choosing the best automix mode)

Posté Tue 01 Aug 06 @ 9:41 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)