Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet what do i need for a dj setup?...im a begginer

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

hi guys im a beginner dj andi mix indian music...so far i have a laptop the vdj 3.4 software and a pyle pro mixer....what else do i need? i need some cheap but good speakers and amp like around 1000 watts
THANX in advance

Posté Mon 31 Jul 06 @ 3:28 am
You can use any type of analogue mixer with your computer. All you need is 1/8" minijack to RCA cable, 2 of them, and a soundcard that can run in 4 channel mode. If you do not have a 4 channel sound card, you can split the 2 channels into the mixer, but they will be mono signals. This will allow you to mix the 2 inputs as if you had 2 CD players are TT's connected to the mixer, so your booth will work the same.

The Behringer BCD2000 will have native support with VDJ version 4, whenever it's released, and there are other threads with more info on this as I am not a VDJ user myself. The controller can still work, but through MIDI, so its features will be more limited

Keep in mind that amplifiers are better rated at their RMS power, so compare the amps specs to the speaker's power, and make sure you compare the power rating with the correct impedance (aka ohms / resistance). 4 ohm speakers are rated more powerful than 8 ohm speakers, but afaik they do not hold as much quality (doubt it's noticable though). 8 ohm speakers are more common to my knowledge.

Depending on your choice, there are a few companies that offer a wide range of differently priced products. Off the top of my head, some good companies are Mackie, JBL and Wharfdale (maybe only in my country). The easiest setup is to get an active subwoofer powerful enough to run 2 satellites, or a simple active subwoofer with 2 active satellites (active means that the speakers themselves have their own built in amplifier, so you dont need to buy one separately).

If you want to keep things simple, get an amp that can handle about 2x 500 watts rms @ 8 ohms in stereo, then you can run your 2 satellites in parallel, and the sub on the other. This is my simple mobile setup, and sounds great, but many people will have their own opinions about setups, so its very debatable about what's your best value / power for money.

Lastly, you will need to connect your mixer to the amp, either by an XLR (round with 3 pins) or TRS (1/4" jackplug). The Denon X100 only has the TRS connector, otherwise you can always get converter plugs that can change what type of head is at the end, provided the end input is on the same voltage as the output (well, on my setup at least, RCA-to-XLR).

Hope this helps :)

Posté Mon 31 Jul 06 @ 5:03 pm
WOW thanx DJ Niems thats all the info i need..thanx alot

Posté Mon 31 Jul 06 @ 9:24 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)