Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Loooong Load Time

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm reposting this question because I was uable to get it resolved. Some MP3 files, and there is nothing in commom with them, will not go through the analyze process unless I hit play. Then, it only seems to analyze in real-time. When playing, the analyze and the progress bar move together. After the song plays, I'll try to manuallly adjust the BPM, but it won't let me. I'll get that small box where I can only enter a numer. This problem occurs with only a few, select files. Also, it will happenEVERYTIME I try to load those files.

The other issue with that is when I load a song on the other deck, upon completeion of analyzing of that song, it will skip because of the issue mentioned above. I have about 5 or 6 files like that and I feel that I can't play them because it'll affect the song on the other deck. Please help.

Posté Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 12:10 am
What is the length of the song? In the VDJ config menu there is an option Max load (on the general tab).

This is the limit to load songs. So if you have set it to 10mn (=10 minutes), and you load a song of 11 minutes it will not load the song into memory and therefore also not show it in the waveform. These longer songs will be analysed on the fly.

You could do 2 things:
- Click with the right button on the song in the filebrowser and select "Analyse"
- Increase the Max load length, but keep in mind that if you have not enough memory that could cause skips. If your machine is running out of memory and start swapping, you could get sips or sound drops.

Ewout

Posté Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 12:19 am
The songs are about 5 mins in length and I have max load time set at 15 mins. I have 768MB of ram and have yet to run out of ram.

Posté Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 12:40 am
Could you upload a problem mp3 and pm me (and anyone else that needs it) a link to a problem mp3 to see if we can recreate the problem please.

Posté Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 12:48 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
DeeJay EL wrote :
The songs are about 5 mins in length and I have max load time set at 15 mins. I have 768MB of ram and have yet to run out of ram.

ok, they are possible vbr encoded files and vdj has a problem to correctly report their length, and in your case it "thinks" they are bigger than 15min and play them from disk...

Solution, right click ->analyse these files before play them.
You need to do this only once. After analysing the right length is written in the database.
Hope this helps..

Posté Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 1:46 am
Ah yes, vbr - alternatively you could set max load to always, this is to do with the nature of vbr files and all programs have some sort of trouble with them but once they're read into memory things should be fine.

Posté Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 1:50 am
Apopsis, that seemed to do the trick. I guess vbr can be considered the culprit, but I'm pretty sure that I have more than just those few files that were recorded with the vbr setting. Oh, well. At least i have a work-around. I hope version 4 will accept vbr files without any further issues. Thanks to all who replied.

Posté Tue 15 Aug 06 @ 1:29 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Just analyze your files before play them, and you will have no problems.
Glad to help.

Posté Tue 15 Aug 06 @ 12:28 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)