Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet First time in club with VDJ...

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

First off, I'd like to say that this is an awesome tool. I was able to produce a mix-show like never before. By having all these mp3's mixable as though they were vinyl was incredible.

Second thing, of course is a gripe <ugh, here he goes>. It's not too bad and until it's fixed I have a workaround. I'm in TCCD mode. If I forget to stop a player with a song attached to it the system freezes and produces a massive buzzzzzzzzzzz. Happened to me twice last night. Worse is that the virtualdj service is locked up and i can't even end task on it. Only recovery is to hard boot the PC which takes a couple of minutes. Dead air for two minutes sucks in the club. The workaround is either to train myself to stop the CD player before loading a song. If i forget, the second workaround is to either get on the mic and tell everyone that VDJ sucks [not] or MC some shirt or drink give aways [better idea]

If anybody knows how to fix or troubleshoot i would appreciate you assistance, Thanks.

Like i said, great tool. Looking forward to VDJ4 [like a kid on Christmas morning]

~Mix Master Mark~

Posté Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 5:55 pm
This problem was mentioned to the VDJ team already. The workaround is like you said it yourself. Stop the cd player first and then load the next song.
Maybe this is already solved in 4.0, we know it within a week.
Ewout

Posté Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 6:09 pm
Prehaps you could persuade the club that a spare CDJ would be useful (and it would be, just incase one gets a drink spilt on one!)

Then you could have a cd in the spare cdj cued up and ready to go. If you have any problems, you just hit the play button and off you go! :)

[EDIT:] I've just thought, you wouldn't really even need a cdj, since you just want some music playing. you could just have a discman (in england you can buy them for£20 now) plugged into mixer with a cd in. That way, you can get round the problem cheaply as well!

Posté Tue 22 Aug 06 @ 2:48 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
I have a Sony Discman as a backup ready with my mix cd :)

Posté Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 7:40 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
As much as I love VDJ, I would never consider doing a set without some kind of backup, whether it's my laptop waiting in the wings, or a CD player cued and ready to go. That's a lesson I learned the hard way in the old PCDJ days! Stable though VDJ is, it runs on a computer, and occasionally, computers crash... ;-)

Posté Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 12:18 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I have 2 hours set of 5 different genres on iriver player connected to AUX in at mixer and always runing. Good backup :) but never needed in 3 years :D

Posté Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 12:49 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)