Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Music Video Setup on a Laptop

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Does anyone on here use VDJ, on a laptop, to play music videos? If so, what is your setup? I'm trying to wrap my head around the concept of playing music viedos using VDJ and a laptop when there is only one graphics card. How would you keep the audience from viewing the playlist and how is the DJ able to view the playlist with the music video on the screen?

Posté Tue 22 Aug 06 @ 6:30 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
your laptop has to support dual display, what kind of graphics sard does yours have?

Posté Tue 22 Aug 06 @ 6:39 am
I'm about to purchase a new laptop, a Toshiba Satellite A105-S4084. The graphics for it are Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950. I saw no mention of dual display. It has an RGB port as well as an s-video port. Does that help? I'm not even sure who makes laptops with dual display.

Posté Tue 22 Aug 06 @ 7:02 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
that should support a dual display though, im not sure if that's shared video memory or not you better of trying to find something with a ati card or a nvida card, alot of users have had problems with intel integrated cards and hardware acceleration. something with at least 128mb of dedicated video memory (not shared) would be fine

Posté Tue 22 Aug 06 @ 7:24 am
Philly, so you're saying that the laptop has to be able to put out two video signals. One for the laptop's screen, of course, and the other for the s-video. I'm trying to picture this in my head. How would you arange the video, for an external monitor/tv, and the playlist screen?

Posté Tue 22 Aug 06 @ 5:08 pm
EL,

When you connect a monitor, TV, or any other video device on a port of your notebook, it becomes available for windows screen configuration (in the properties window where you use to change your video resolution, # of colors, etc).
It then allows you to EXTEND your desktop to the other device, and that's what you must do in order to have VDJ show videos separately from the main program desktop.

"I'm trying to picture this in my head" ... think about a karaoke session in a pub .... I'm sure you've never seen the operator program or the playlist showing on the TVs or Screens viewed by the audience.

1st of all, you must configure windows to extend the desktop to your secondary video output. The secondary device will appear as [2], and your laptop default screen will appear as [1]. Click on [2], set it's resolution, and check the option to "extend windows desktop to this device".

This way, you'll be able to place icons, move the mouse cursor, and also open windows to this "desktop extension".
You may configure this desktop with a different resolution of your main screen's resolution, and for most videos, it'll do better with 800x600 or 640x480.

The next step is configuring VDJ. Enter Config / Video ... and select to activate video output, but instead of the default option (Window), you'll choose the adapter name that will show in the combo box, just below "(Window)".

Sorry about some "miss-naming" on windows options, but I'm not a XP English version user. Just use Windows Servers English versions, with no multimedia or video special stuff.

Hope it helps.

Posté Tue 22 Aug 06 @ 8:44 pm
Julio, dude, that was an excellent explanation. I'm pretty good with windows XP, for the most part, but I just has troublepicturing it. I used to connect my tv to my laptop to watch DVD's, but that was it. Now I'm going to make sure that I get a laptop that has an ati or nvidia card. I saw a nice dell with an ATI 256MB card. Thanks, man.

Posté Tue 22 Aug 06 @ 10:57 pm
Good choice ... I'm using an Inspiron with 256MB video, and it's doing a great job !

Posté Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 1:00 am
Hi,

Just thought i'd quickly mention, people deffinately seem to have less problems with ATI video cards, so go with one of those if you can (That's what i use and it works fine!) (Also there's a few pictures in my blog showing the videos on a separate screen, just click on my name to have a look.) :)

Posté Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 1:17 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)