Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Haha, how typical??

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

After testing VDJ on my desktop, today it was time to give it a full go on the output. So I switch my laptop on (that hasn't been used since last week at a gig) and what happens? Nothing!! The it sticks on the windows screen for about 15 minutes, then when it finally let's me in it hardly responds.

But I'm not letting all that testing on my desktop go to waste, oh no. I'm actually gonna take my desktop and 19" monitor to the club very shortly to get it all set up. And the silver lining?? I'm looking into the visual plugins now so we can hook the projector up to it.

Posté Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 5:47 pm
Well, ended up cartin my whole PC there and have to say that VDJ4 worked absolutely flawlessly. Not even a single tiny problem. Well done VDJ team, superb!!

Posté Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 3:50 pm
wonder whats up with the laptop though....

I got VDJ running fine on mine, less to carry ;)

What really happened at the laptop? freeze start, and instant hang at first run?
Might be soundcard setting thats wrong, verify and compare to the desktop

Posté Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 3:53 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :
wonder whats up with the laptop though....

I got VDJ running fine on mine, less to carry ;)

What really happened at the laptop? freeze start, and instant hang at first run?
Might be soundcard setting thats wrong, verify and compare to the desktop

no, was nothing VDJ related. I couldn't even start it to install VDJ on it. Strange, cos it worked perfectly last week. Gonna format it and reinstall windows. Not a major deal as all my music is on my external HD and the only thing on the laptop was VDJ3.4 so nothing lost.

Posté Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 6:24 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
I hope you have a backup of database from a laptop or you gonna do some scanning.

Posté Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 9:36 am
DJ-ALF wrote :
I hope you have a backup of database from a laptop or you gonna do some scanning.

haha, I do all the analyzing on my desktop anyway and then transfer the database to the laptop weekly, so no problems there.

Posté Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 2:57 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
:)
Hehe, good! I do the same, when I transfer database from laptop to desktop machine.

Posté Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 2:43 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)