Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet No More Crashes! Yay for V4!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
As a video DJ using VirtualDJ, I typically had at least one crash every single night when loading a video, where the program would become unresponsive, but would continue playing the audio (but video would freeze.)

So far it's only been one night of DJing, but I haven't yet had VDJ4 crash on me. It seems that whatever the problem was, it has been resolved. I'm very happy. The sound is a big improvement as well... master tempo sounds really slick with tempo changes, and resampling is great quality.

Those were the big issues I had with VDJ, so I'm glad they are resolved. I also like how you can work the text overlay now, although I hope that the video effects engine will be enhanced to allow multiple effects at once.

Much thanks once again to the developers!

Posté Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 10:29 am
What is your system specs?? I had a bad night with V4 and had to go back to 3.4.

Posté Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 8:47 pm
I've now had this happen to me 3 times with v4 today! I'll be transitioning between a video and a visual, and I'll loose complete control to VDJ. The Audio continues until the track completes, and the wave display continues as well, but the records stop spinning, and I have no control at all.
Doing the 3 finger salute, I find that VDJ is "not responding" in the task manager.

I've caught a lot of grief from Cyder in the past for what my software selection can't do, but I can tell you it at least runs, and remains stable. I can't say the same for this version. IMO, this is not professional software.

Posté Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 9:26 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Wow... that's odd that some people are reporting that V4 is giving the very problem that it seemed to remedy for me.

Too bad to hear... perhaps the problem wasn't fixed. I've not done two nights without a crash, which hasn't happened to me yet, so I presume it's working flawlessly now. But maybe I'm just lucky?

I'm using an Intel Inspiron 6000 with a 2 GHz Pentium M 760 and 1 GB of RAM. I use an M-Audio Firewire Audiophile soundcard. It's got the Radeon X300 graphics.

Posté Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 1:32 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)