Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Skins and V4.0 ??

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

First off .... HATS OFF !!! NICE JOB ON SOUND ENGINE!! GOOD WORK ,and THANK-YOU.....
Like all of us ,I downloaded v4.0 to my gig laptop ASAP and after fumbling a bit ,Works great now.
The sound is awsome ! I even bypassed my kosmos and compressors and set my mixer and eq's all
flat to see what I had coming out of ECHO card and VERY NICE. Luv it.

I wanted to see what my m-audio firewire sounded like on My desktop PC ,so (with unlock from tech support )I loaded v4.0 on desktop and tweaked a little and walllaa!! Sound is great ,too.NOW HERE IS
THE BUT....I can't get any skin downloads to run ,Keep getting Error "VDJ not installed ,must install 1st.

Soooo hmmm? I uninstalled VDJ ,blew away all Skin files and reloaded new ,tested and all plays great,
still same issue with Skins install.
ANY IDEAS?

Posté Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 2:00 am
You need to reload 3.4, then load the skins and they will work in 4.0.............don't ask me why but that's what I saw elsewhere on the board (can't find the post again, going back and finding any post here is impossible and the search doesn't seem to always work)..........anyway I tried it and it works now I need to find out if uninstalling 3.4 hurts anything because I don't need both versions on the computer once I have thoroughly tested and approved 4.0

Posté Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 5:11 pm
hmm...
might be an issue here, as some skins are made for 3.4.
Maybe the exe compiler for the skins needs to be done again..

Posté Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 5:36 pm
Should I just be patient ? I know you folks have a lot to handle right now ,everyone
asking sooo many ques.of you . Or can I /should I try to load 3.4 just so skins will work? Can I even load old ver? (think I might have old backup 3.? on a disc but never needed it ,thankfully)

Basically I am an existing user (gig laptop) that did a fresh install on My Desktop PC (more for testing
than absolute need)...This glitch did not occur when I upgraded over 3.4 on laptop(hhmmmm????)

Let me know when you can ,,,at least VDJ works ,just have to use default skin til gets resolved ,I guess?

AGAIN , LET ME SAY ...... GOOD JOB GANG!!!!!!!!! SOUND IS GREAT!!!
THANK-YOU

Posté Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 6:46 pm
will ask team.

Maybe its just making a small registry change, as VDJ3 and 4 entries are located differently

Posté Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 7:03 pm
Thank-You Rune *S*

I'll hold off a bit and watch forum

Posté Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 7:26 pm
Got same VDJ not installed message with all skins, including the XP Style Patch.
But Vmix 4 installs correctly, hope info helps take identify problem.
3.4 is not on my system

Posté Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 12:04 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)