Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Pops ,and crackles...

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Has anyone wondered where these pops and crackles come from? Is it possible they come from the DVD itself? Put a DVD in your drive, play it with Power DVD, or what ever you use. Wear headphones and see what I mean. Is this coming from the DVD, the player or the software? I have also heard this on download sites for mp3's, like Beatport and TM Century.

Posté Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 8:19 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
I think that is player that lost a bits of information due to digital-analog converting and not be able to read cd/dvd's in full. Even the best quality media has some loss, but you can try to rip them first in wav with some error correction like in Music Match Jukebox. About those mp3's. they have ripped tham bad, but I can't belive that they are selling that? Did you contacted them with this problem?

Posté Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 9:48 am
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
*** TO EVERYONE WHO HEARS NOISES/POPS/CRACKELS/UNDERBUFFERING ***
I've noticed this, too, and I've opened a topic in the bugs forum. The solution is:
  • Open the "Performances" page in the congiguration window
  • Disable the "Safe Mode" (important!)
  • Enable the "Overclock" checkbox, expecially if you've got a laptop
  • Adjust for the optimal latency, or use "Auto" if you get in panic

Here's my configuration with a Mk2 and no scratching issues (I don't scratch while mixing):

Posté Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 2:01 pm
Yes, but we are talking about other programs such as Power DVD or Winamp.

Posté Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 9:09 pm
What I'm talking about is, the pops and crackles are coming from the dvd's and mp3's themselves, not VDJ. I'm not talking about sound card, driver, or codec distortion. What I'm hearing is the occasional pop and cracks, like you would hear on vinyl. Listen to a dvd through headphones, from the computer drive that you rip with. These "artifacts" are obviously transferring to the files when we rip. My point being that all the pops you hear, some are coming from the source, and not VDJ.

Posté Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 2:17 am
I'll try what TexZk is recommending but my pops and crackles are NOT in my ripped files. WMP doesn't have crackles when playing back the same files and even VDJ has the crackles and pops in random places and random times throughout the file,.. as in hear a crackle and back it up a bit and hear no crackle.

Posté Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 2:28 am
A Man and His Music, check any EQ's that may be on your soundcard -> these can lead to the kind of pops and crackles your experiencing. It seems most likely to be something like this as you say you get it with multiple software and/or websites.

It may be an increase in a few bands across the spectrum that deals you a somewhat "punchier" sound, yet also gives these crackles and pops as they are a form of minor distortion.

Steve

Posté Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 4:05 am
@A Man and His Music
Can you try those DVD's and Mp3's in some other computer so you can point out is it sound card or something else?
Off topic: how come that one VIP as yourself doesn't have a Blog? I would like to add you in my MSN, so visit my blog ;)

Posté Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 6:02 am
Hello fellow DJs,
I went to the DJ Expo last week and picked up this program and so far I like it. My name is DJ Big Al. A Man and His Music referred me. I may be asking questions as I get set up because this Digital DJ stuff is new to me.

My first question is, what do I need to do to be able to play videos?
Where can I get music videos?
I am also looking for the skin for the denon dns 3000/5000 cd players for version 4.0 can someone help?

Posté Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 6:37 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)