Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet pops and clicks explored.

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Ok, not to be one to complain and not investigate:

I have done some extensive testing of the new product (mostly in awe!)

Yet I had two recurring issues:
1) Can't use AISO Drivers with Audigy 2 - still can't.
2) I was hearing pops and clicks on the non-active deck if I was moving the onscreen turntable to cue up while the active desk was playing.

I have found out what was causing it for me (still think it should be looked into by the team though).
If I have the key lock turned on and locked on the passive deck as I am using it -Viola! The noises happen (though they don't record as I found out earlier!). If I unactivate the key lock to fiddle with things - all goes well. So, as long as i de-activate key lock (which I shouldn't really have to do if the deck is "inactive") all is fine. Also when I use a 3.4 skin it happens all the time as there is no key lock to uncheck!

I hope this investigation helps.

Any comments?

Ronny582

Posté Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 6:55 pm
That fixed it for me too ... x-fi

Posté Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 8:36 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yeah, it's a work-around. But having a USEFUL feature which worked on a previous version disabled to aviod NEW problems is not acceptable IMHO.

Posté Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 10:10 am
erxon wrote :
Yeah, it's a work-around. But having a USEFUL feature which worked on a previous version disabled to aviod NEW problems is not acceptable IMHO.

same here !

seems that it's the keylock and new mastertempo that is the source of noises and crackles !

:)

the soluce is to investigate in the source code of new master tempo

Posté Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 11:32 am
Forwarded to Dev Team.

Am sure they are on top of this investigating why some get crackles with the new mt/keylock

Posté Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 12:19 pm

Posté Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 1:18 pm
this link doesn't help more. still pop and noise with keylock with the settings of this link

VirtualDj 4.0 work fine with the old V3.4 master tempo algorytm : master tempo set as "fast".

Posté Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 1:40 pm
I know it is a work around. I am confident it will be fixed soon, as VDJ has never been one to let medocrity rule. Again, it is just a work around, but it also helped to identify what was/is causing the issue (and yes, we know about safe mode, etc. but that did not fix it for many of us as we were already using those settings).

So, at least you can use it until it is fixed for good.

Ronny582

Posté Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 2:14 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)