Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Read ID3 tads doesn't work

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I have the option on in settings for reading Title + Comment but the comments are not coming through in VDJ. This sucks because as it is VDJ doesn't provide a genre column so I used tag&rename to copy the genre field to the comment field and I still can't read it in VDJ.

Any Ideas.

Posté Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 11:55 pm
thanx..
this might be a bug.
On the fix list

Posté Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 12:23 am
Working fine for me, but I have Tag&Rename synchronise ID3v2 tags into the ID3v1 fields.

Posté Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 12:27 am
dj-in-norway: Thanks!

Andrew87: Thanks for the tip. I'll giv it a try.

~Mix Master Mark~

Posté Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 1:22 am
I tried the sync from ID3v2 tags into the ID3v1 fields and still not reading the comment field.

Posté Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 5:11 am
alanbPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have the same problem, very frustrating espcially after re-loading windows or updating from Ver.3 as virtually every tag is dropped and I have to retype them all in again, it seems it will only save them in a format specfic to VDJ and not import from any other tag editor I've tied and used. Despite several attempts I can't get the program read them from cold when entered.

Also on Version 4 the working folder seems to have disappeared I have to look at the history txt file to find what I've played during the day, I used to use this for creating playlists when I've been to 'new' venues. found it very useful Any ideas on how to resolve this one only put version 4 on in the last few days so I may be missing some setting.

Posté Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 11:59 am
Yes, I too am now having to look at the history.txt file. It was a very helpful feature in VDJ.

Posté Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 3:46 pm
The playlists folder is still there in version 4, however, it isn't automatically set as a favourite.

Browse to you VirtualDJ install directory, and your playlists folder will be there, along with any playlists that have been created since using version 4, simply set this as a favorite once again, and your playlists feature will be restored as normal.

Steve

Posté Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 6:42 pm
alanbPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi,

Already set playlist folder as favourite so no problems with that, the problem is more to do with the 'Working' folder no longer being present, this told you what you actually played that night. It was very useful for 'creating' a new playlist based on that night.

Had a thought on the problem with the tag recognition, I noticed that when I rip using media player the tags are displayed in one section rather than in their respective columns (everything is where it should be when you look at the same files in Tag & Rename) however if I use Musicmatch to rip then the tags are displayed properly, albeit it still doesn't recognise the comment field text. I don't know what the difference is between Media Player and Musicmatch when it comes to Tag writing. Maybe some setting I can adjust - any ideas?

Posté Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 2:13 pm
I'm STILL on this... I would like this to work.

I've made a positive comparison in the VirtualDJ Database. Look for the Display tag.

If the Author= and Title= are filled in then you'll find a <Comment>blah</Comment> which shows up on the VDJ GUI/Skin/Browser.

If the Display Tag looks like this...

<Display TagRead="1" />

There will be no comment tag and nothing on the VDJ GUI/Skin/Browser.

I still have no rhyme or reason why some songs come through and others don't.

Posté Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 5:35 am
I just found that ALL my m4a files read in perfectly. If the file is editable as an MP4 then VDJ has no issue reading the file comment field. More food for thought :)

Posté Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 7:03 am
Nope, the comment field simply doesn't show up... I'm sure it is a bug.

Posté Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 7:57 pm
You probably analysed your music before you enabled read id3 title+comment tags, virtualdj doesn't update them again once this has happened.

Posté Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 8:20 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)