Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet line noise at low volume when laptop is plugged in

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I expereince a lot of buzzing and noise, which increases when using the mouse and stuff, at low volumes.. when playing a song that is not hitting hard I get a lot of this noise cmoing through the speakers. I noticed that this completely dissapears when unplugging the power cord that goes from the laptop to the wall or battery backup.

I've noticed this with my dell and older gateway laptops, when plugged direct into the wall or even if using a battery backup or UPS.

Anyone have a cure for this? Would a power conditioner help? I can't imagine depending upon battery power for a gig just because of the noise issue.

This also occurs if I am using the haedphone jack (internal sound card) to play back, and even using my brand new u46dj.

Steve
Dynamite DJs
www.dynamitedjs.com

Posté Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 6:24 pm

Posté Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 6:27 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
This should do the trick as well. Just make sure the power is stable, because you will be less protected from surges if you plug in straight to the wall. I always use a surge protector.

Posté Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 8:33 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Thats presuming you live in the US? some plugs like the ones we have here in SA, you can stick a pencil in the ground hole to open the live sockets, then put the plug in upside-down so it doesnt use the ground pin at all :D (3rd world country safety lol)

Posté Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 8:55 pm
Also lift the gorund in your external if you have one. And be weary in storms.

Posté Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 8:59 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Is XLR and TRS immune to ground loop? not sure how it works 100%

Posté Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 9:05 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)