Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Pitch back to 0% when TCV disabled

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

madz06PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I've just dowloaded V4 and it's impressive works guys!
However I may have missed some parameter but I have an issue with the TCV pitch .
I explain myself: I put the pitch on the turntable to let's say +6%, vdj detects it and the slider moves on the skin, but if i disable TCV control, the pitch comes back to +0%, whereas in 3.4 it stayed at +6%.

Any idea to fix it?
Thanks in advance

Posté Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 6:51 pm
Hmmm, maybe this is what happened to me? See my post: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/54765/General_Discussion/TCV_-_Set_point_for_0__pitch_changes.html

Either way, it does seem like version 4.0 treats the pitch slider as a "relative" rather than "absolute" control... But it really shouldn't be that way -- it's counterintuitive, and it's not how a turntable would operate with regular vinyl...

Perhaps there should be an option to set the pitch slider to either "relative" or "absolute", the same way that the needle-dropping can be set?

Posté Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 7:41 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
There is a post about this in the Bugs forum.

Posté Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 7:55 pm
Forwared to Dev Team

Posté Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 8:03 pm
Thanx djnorway! ;)

Posté Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 8:09 pm
madz06PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I'm quite reassured if this behavior is not wanted :)
As a workaround I change the pitch in vdj and let my turntable's pitch at 0%, if this could help anybody.

Thanks for the quick answers and feel free to contact me for any precision/test...

Posté Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 9:05 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Quote :
for some reason i cant get bypass/passthru to workwith 4.0 anymore, i cant find the shortcut action to do it and my old shortcuts for it dont work anymore, under turntable the only thing i can see is timcode_active which turns the timecode control on and off not the bypass

Posté Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 12:10 am
Yes DJ Xeo, I'm having the same problem! What happened to the timecode bypass command ?

Posté Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 1:42 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003

Posté Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 4:27 am
Yeah, I think what happened is I took off the TCV control for a minute while I was listening to some tracks just using the keyboard, but then when I activated the TCV again the pitch slider was at around +4%, so it treated that like 0%... Didn't realize that's what happened, but given this is a known bug, that's probably how it happened... Hasn't been a problem before or since, and glad to know it's getting fixed!

Posté Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 4:58 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Ok now we speak...
workaround for now is everytime you disengage the timecode control for some reason, be sure
the pitch slider is 0%.

Posté Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 2:48 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
any news on the bypass feature, anyone? its not the best quality but it saves me switching cables if i want to play some vinyl

Posté Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 12:32 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)