Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Video problems on three different machines.........

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Up front I want to say this is not a bitch about the program.............Just want to know if anyone knoew whay this is happening and how do I fix it. In 3.4 I tested the program on all three of these computers and it worked fine (didn't really have any sound issues except my laptop could not get configuered properly for front & rear outputs), I have fo rthe time being gone back to 3.4 so it is usable at the club and I will continue to test and try to find fixes for 4.0 on my desktop and laptop........................here is the problem, on all of the three machines some videos won't load the video (audio plays fine and keeps playing but the video portion won't load) sometimes this goes 3 or 4 videos before one will load again. I changed the avi decoder from "Video Decoder" to Windows Media Player Decoder" this solved the that part of the video loading problem on the laptop and my desktop but not the one at the club. Also now the videos while loading the "playing" video will freeze or go in stop motion while the new video is loading (again sound continues fine). This also happens when the two videos are transitioning, the transitions are very choppy and sometimes both videos freeze until I stop one player......My laptop is an AMD Turion dual core 1.8 with 2 gigs ram and an ati mobility with 128 mg. My videos are on a usb2 500gig maxtor 7200rpm ultraATA drive..............My desktop is an AMD Athlon 64 2800+ with 2 gig ram an Nvidia FX5200 with 128 mg an intermal maxtor 300gig 7200rpm ultraATA drive.........the club computer is a dell xps700 Intel pentium d dual core (don't know what speed), ati x300 video (pci express) with 128 mgs and a maxtor 500 gig 7200rpm serial ata drive.......all systems are running windows xp pro..........Any ideas, suggestions, help, help, help..............

Posté Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 11:37 am
Sounds like it might actually be the fault of the videos you are playing. Give us more info on the videos. (Codecs, format, etc..)

Posté Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 4:27 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What are your performance settings set to in the Config. I have noticed if you optimize performance based on MP3, it is not necessarily the same for video use. Also, if you are using the Windows Media Player because of codec support, then again; I would look hard at the performance settings.

cstoll

Posté Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 12:13 am
performance setting (and I have tried them all to no avail):

Presets=Fastest, Soundcard=Latency 1024 (safe mode and overclocked both unchecked)
48khz<>44khz=Basic interpolation
Scratch Optimized for Latency, Simple Algorithm, Master Tempo (which I don't use cuse it doesn't sound good) is set to fast.

Video codec is set to "Windows MediaPlayer Video Decoder...........I would like to try my DivxPro 6.2.5 but it is not listed an I don't know how to get the program to find it.

Video is set to use hardware acceleration, decode while hidden, activate on load, hide logo

I have done all the "Windows Xp tweeks" listed elsewhere on this site (turning off background programs, setting for "best performance", reducing the color quality to 16 bit, etc.

Unless someone can come up with a better idea I am going to get a new 256 meg video card tomorrow and see if that helps (if it doesn't I can just return it), but I don't know what to do about the laptop as I have been told you can't add memory to the video card or upgrade the video cards in them.

Posté Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 1:06 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Well from the performance settings - I think everything should be fine - however I would try running the checks in safe mode and overclocked - especially on the laptop.

What else have you up-dated recently? Your DivX codec? Windows Media Player? DirectX?
Just curious and you were running videos fine on your laptop with 3.4?

Don't waste the money yet on the video card?

cstoll

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 2:03 am
I bought the video card (don't worry I can return it with no problem) and it did absolutly nothing. I have not updated anything since buying VDJ 3.4 or installing 4.0 on any machine. I would like to try VDJ using the Divx Pro codec 6.2.5 but it does not show up in the list of codecs in VDJ....how do I get VDJ to use it? At this point I have gone back to 3.4 for my live gigs. The laptop is used only to "demo" for prospective clubs to show them that a video dj can mix as an audio dj (of course I can't demo with 4.0 at this point) and my home computer is used to test things, check out and practice the new features and do my editing on. My main focus right now needs to be the club computer and my laptop..............oh also I found out today when I bought my laptop back in February I was blatantly lied to by the national retail chain PC CLUB also PCCLUB.COM (don't buy from them they are crooks in my opinion) the AMD 64 Turion IS NOT A DUAL CORE processor "Comparable in speed to the Intel Pentium D Dual Core" they also told me "the AMD dual core running at 1.8mgz was the same processing speed as a Pentium4 at 3.6mgz but ran much cooler", unfortuanatly none of this was in writing so they refuse to give me credit on an upgrade to a proper AMD 64 X2 which IS a dual core processor. My only hope is since I have the 2 year replacement service plan something breaks and they need to give me the credit towards a new machine because that is cheaper than fixing mine!

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 4:49 am
Yo, I am not the sharpest computer guy on this forum, so don't expect too much. I wonder if your 4.0 download was complete, or some how corrupted. Did you download to one machine, and then transfer it to the others? Or, did each machine download direct? The reason I ask is, 3.4 worked for you, so 4.0 should work. How is it that all 3 don't work? So I'm thinking they all got the same corrupted download, or the file was damaged in some way. I know it is easy to say it's 4.0, but we are talking about thousands of people that did the same thing, and are paying right now. I know you don't want to hear "it works for me", but that actually should give you hope, that it will work for you. After all, it worked before.

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 8:29 am
I have tried re-downloading, and if you read around the board you will see MANY people are having this same or very similar problem..........(I should clarify in 3.4 the computer srceen freezes and such but the tv monitors never did, with 4.0 it is both computer and tv monitors) so after buying a new 256meg video card for one of the computers and that didn't help I just gave up and went back to 3.4 tonight, the sound on my creative card isn't that bad (at least for a creative card). I'll just wait for 4.1 I guess and hope something in there fixes it.

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 12:22 pm
Finally got it working, if interest how Quicktime 7.1 was the solution see this thread in General Discussion for details "Finally got 4.0 Working, but on wrong computer......."

Posté Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 2:12 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)