Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet You guys nailed it!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I had grown really frustrated with 3.4 .... At several parties it locked up on me or started skipping after about playing for two hours. How embarrassing! I used to spend time disabling various memory resident programs to try and help but I still had problems. I then purchased a competing product which turned out to be stable but it was very dull. However the soundengine was better than 3.4... So I am delighted to report that I did a party last night and 4.0 played flawlessly! Virtual DJ is now back on top as far as I am concerned and it will take perhaps two years or more for the competition to try and challenge them! I only use the standard audio features for DJing so I can't really comment on karoake or video. But these are exiciting options that I need to look into in the future. I should mention that there is indeed an improvement in the sound quality of 4.0... At home I have a pair of Audix studio monitors that I use and wow is all that I can say about the new soundengine in 4.0! I also think that the looping is improved. The scratch seems better also. The programmers at Virtual DJ were always on the cutting edge but they needed to address the stability issues which they did. Perhaps a bedroom DJ wouldn't care but pro's like myself charging for our services need flawless execution or at least not so obvious glitches! One other nice thing that the programmers did was to make it easy to change the performance setting. Just slide the setting to the left if your computer seems to be too slow! .... Note: the high school kids were dancing so hard that the shoes fell off of their feets! No lie! I saw about 20 pairs of shoes that they just took off to dance harder! At age 46 it made me feel really good to be able to connect with them so well! Thanks Virtual DJ!

Posté Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 8:15 pm
good to hear;) and thanx for the positive feeback...
l

Posté Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 8:20 pm
That's awesome to hear! I wish I could play as a pro at parties. It's just hard to start, especially advertising oneself as a Digital DJ\VJ. The first practice performance I did, people were asking where my turntables were. I lost their respect because I don’t have $2000 to spend on turntables, needles, vinyls, pro speakers, etc. No to mention the fact that I am afraid of using mp3s that might be illegal, I don't remember which mp3s of mine I bought or ripped from a CD and which ones I got from online somewhere. I don't want to go to jail!

It doesn't help that I have to wait an indefinite period for the Behringer BCD2000 to ship. Hopefully, the timing of Version 4.1 of Virtual DJ and the arrival of my BCD2000 are in sync. :-)

Posté Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 3:25 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)