Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Can I remix using Virtual DJ?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

mirzaPRO InfinityMember since 2006
First of all i just want to say i love virtual DJ .. its actually true that it is so simple but yet so powerful .. but is it powerful enough to actually use as a medium to remix songs and I know there are tons of other products there to use for remixing .. but i just wanted to know if anyone actually uses virtual Dj to remix songs and, what they think of Virtual DJ's remixing capabilities. Because i find it very easy to remix songs in virtual Dj but the down side is it limits the remixing capabilities. Not like Acid Pro or any other program. Anyone out there?? i really need some good tips or if sumone wants to suggest other solutions for remixig .. I know there are tons of DJ's here who remix popular songs to play at their gig's ... thanks alot .. excuse my grammar as im ont really good with english.

Posté Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 9:18 pm
Remix is a word that gets thrown around a lot without it actually be relevant to the situation described. For example, my Sony headphone's that I have say "For Remix Use" on the box, but the truth is that most serious producers use high quality monitor speakers, maybe headphones to test it out and check what it sounds like, but not for the entire project. And remixing is producing at the end of the day.

Sure you can probably stick an acapella over an instrumental in VDJ and call it a remix, but it's not. For me, using acapellas is simply part of djing.

If you want to get serious about remixing, then look into production a little bit more ;)

Posté Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 9:27 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Its not as powerful as acid, but I use vdj a lot to make "vs" style remixes, and they turn out awesome. I have also used vdj to remix radio edits into the extended mixes, if i cant find the extended mix on the web (www.gomusic.ru)

Good remixes in vdj come through well thought and set out keyboard or midi shortcuts and fast reactions, so that you can get a lot done like cues, effects and smaples in minimal time. Using just a mouse is pretty tricky

But as secretsoul said, this is pretty much normal to advanced DJ stuff, the proper remixes are made by a much higher order occupation.

btw your english is better than mine, AND im english :D

Posté Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 9:30 pm
Niems wrote :
Good remixes in vdj come through well thought and set out keyboard or midi shortcuts and fast reactions, so that you can get a lot done like cues, effects and smaples in minimal time. Using just a mouse is pretty tricky

Technically speaking, they would be classed as edits :P

Posté Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 9:34 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
All the same lingo to me :D

Posté Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 9:44 pm
hı my frends ı lıke to be a dj but ı m very new ın thıs sıte because of them ı waıt help from you

Posté Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 9:58 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Question: would a word bootleg be suited for a live remix (groove part from another song mixed with original song)?

Anyway, professional remixes are done with production software & studios using original tracks of the song. It's possible to do a good bootleg (if that's the word) if you practise a lot ;)

Posté Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 10:34 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
erxon wrote :
Question: would a word bootleg be suited for a live remix

The term Bootleg does not define the way a remix has created, but that it is "unofficial" even illegal.
Secretsoul has the right point, remix is not a "live" situation but its producton.
Virtual dj is designed for live use as dj gear, and if you are quick and "accurate" you can do some good performances. But for remixing/production, "accurate" is not enough...., "perfection" is what needed there, and a "master" must be produced.
The only program that "bridge" the 2 words is ableton live, because it is in fact a studio tool, a sequencer with live possibilities. Wich means, you pre-produce parts as studio work and then you can mix live the ready made parts, in sync because of the sequencer and export a master.

Posté Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 11:19 pm
spot on aposis. a bootleg record isn't strictly a mashup or even an unofficial remix. one of my tracks was bootlegged last year, but the actual track remained unaltered. it was simply pressed onto vinyl and distributed without permission, making it a bootleg copy.

Posté Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 12:38 am
True True Secretsoul. Remxies to me are true creations independent of the original source minus the vocals. I have a few I've done on my site (Check my blog). Mashups or VS. mixes are more of a correct terminology.

Posté Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 12:55 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
apopsis wrote :
erxon wrote :
Question: would a word bootleg be suited for a live remix

The term Bootleg does not define the way a remix has created, but that it is "unofficial" even illegal.

Thank you, I was wondering about that for a long time :)

Posté Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 11:27 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)