Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet v4 auto pitch

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I hooked up v4 to my tables today.....I'm slowly tweaking it to my taste. I'm using ssl + serato vinyls. I'm waiting on my tvc to come any day now.

While tweaking I can't figure out how to stop the decks from changing pitch. I turned off all the auto stuff. Yes the auto bpm is off as well. But when I load a new track you see the pitch control changing pitch. I want it to stay at zero. Thats what the turntables for : )

Any help, hopefuly its not a bug

thanks

Posté Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 12:45 am
wow thanks for all the views and no replys!

So the conclusion to this post is you have to clibrate your pitch with the software pitch. WHat.....yeah you have to basically set your table to lets say quartz or 0, do a pitch reset on your software.....then your good to go. Now coming from ssl that is really REALLY retarded !

I have to be missing a way to do this. Its basically tedius. But hey it works.

ANother thing about the pitch....it just sounds funny....specially when you have the master or key off. Once again I'm coming from ssl.

After using v4 for about 10 hours straight.......I can truly say SSL IS KING !!!!! All around. If you want effects and all that extra stuff get a seperate processor. Virtual DJ is basically only good for Video.

Just some input on a very picky pro dj !

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 11:07 pm

Sorry that noone has made a reply, but I'm sure someone will soon...

VDJ works in every way like SSL, and there must be good answers to your question.

I'm unfortunately not using TC vinyls, so would think if you turned off auto-pitch reset and auto-bpm you would be fine.

Hopefully some of our TC users will tell soon...

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 11:42 pm

okey, did some asking for you.

Think the reason that nobody aswered is simply because your problem is totally unknown to our users.

The reason for this is not VDJ, but you using SSL vinyls. They are NOT 100% compatible with VDJ, so you need to wait for the VDJ vinyls.

Also, you CAN try to make it work better by choosing AUTO in timecode setting to make VDJ try to make the best possible setting.

We have some SSL users reporting ok use of SSL records, but such things as needle drop etc will not work. However, the reason you ARE having problems is the SSL records.

Try auto config, and see if you get better results.

If not, you have to wait for the VDJ vinyls ;)

Hope that helps

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 11:55 pm
Sorry if I seemed to be bitching, just trying to let everyone about my expieriences. My vinyl hopefully will be here tomorrow. Auto config doesn't work with the ssl vinyls. Its basically pointless using the ssl vinyls. Its great to test out vdj.....who ever came up with that idea and going through with it is a genius. I really think you guys will lead as a video player untill someone else comes with something better. But when that finally happens you guys will probaly (hopefully) be two levels up on them anyway.

ssl vinyls stop working if you load another song while the needle i on the record. If you pick up the needle before you load a song & wait until the full waveform shows up, they will continue to work. But in a club, that is not even remotely close to being reliable. So hands down if your using a ssl box... GET VDJ VINYLS period.

I think vdj should have a stripped down version (not a stipped down skin), 1 for people that don't have high performene cpu & 2 for people that rather reliability in a club then having a flanger or samples. Although I do like the master tempo.....but for me it doesn't sound good enough, I guess my computer isn't fast enough. P4, HT, 2500 ddr2 ram, 300gb hd, 512 video ati. I mean master tempo works but it doesn't sound good. I'm going to do more research on the forums about tweaking, hopefully that will help.

peace and chicken grease!

Posté Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 2:39 am

no worries;) I think its easy to think that SSL vinyls are supported good, but they are not really.. not good anyways.

The idea is to just give a quick test for SSL users with the demo, so they can test VDJ, and then decide if they want an extra software or not.

The box should work ok though.

As for master tempo, it depends on your settings inside the performance tab, in Virtual DJ 4.
With your powerfull pc, I think you can easily tweak it for best HQ quality, and get great master tempo sound.

At least it sounds better than most dj hardware I've used.

Posté Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 2:46 am

Posté Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 2:48 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)