Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet I want my 3.* back

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Where can I download it? You claim that I have a lack of power and that is why my laptop skips... but how much faster can I go?

Dual core 2.0
2 GhZ of RAM
120 Gig H/D
256 Meg Video

I'm not mixing videos here... just MP3s. Even with it on the lowest setting, when I load a new song.. I will often get skipping on the deck that IS playing. I get digital abnormalities here and there... I want to go back to something that works seeing as I don't see a THING here that is worth the sound degradation.

Posté Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 9:26 pm
if you are having problems you can ask for 3.4 here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/

Almost everybody have 4.0 running fine, and you should too (powerfull pc)

So please do try the performance tab inside vdj, and lower things

Posté Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 10:21 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
what soundcard do you have ?

Posté Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 10:38 pm
I am running dual soundcards (internal is a Legacy/Conexant HD) and external is a Sound Blaster USB (not sure on model number since I don't have it with me)

Regardless, both worked FLAWLESSLY with 3.4. Now there's problems..

So, I gain NOTHING

Lose sound quality as well as the ability to add effects from the main GUI (you have to actually go INTO the effects section!?)

Honestly, maybe for those running video, you've gained something... but PLEASE, someone tell me what I have gained?

PS... I meant 2 gigs of ram...not 2 ghz :)

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 4:27 am
clore46PRO InfinityMember since 2006
As far as timecode goes i have no problems now. I had the problem described above with 3.4 (skipping the playing song when loading a new one) and it has gone away with 4.0. My specs on my laptop are also much lower than yours (AMD Turion 1.8ghz 1gb ram) So far ive done a few parties and had absolutly no problems

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 5:20 am
OK... narrowed down the problem. There seems to be a conflict between VDJ 4.0 and my external Sound Blaster MP3+

I have tried alllllllllll the settings on latency, and still have distortion. So, for now I "could" just use the external for my headphones.. but I think this problem should be resolved being it worked just fine with 3.0-3.4 for a LONG time

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 11:23 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Hm, funny, I have Sound Blaster Live USB 5.1 24bit and works just fine with default settings, didn't try more latency because I don't use Scratch or Master Tempo. Try to reinstall drivers for your sound card or try different USB port.

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 12:20 pm
Latency should be set at the lowest without distortion. Try playing with your Overclock and Safemode settings.
Turning off Overclock dropped my cpu usage by 30%, but i had to jack up the buffer to 1024.

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 2:48 pm
OK, while I respect what everyone's saying. There are definatly "leaks" in the memory usage here. My system should be able to run at the full capabilities of this software. I've run benchmark after benchmark and smoked em all. Put the computer under a burn test and it passed with flying colors.

Long story short? Going back to 3.4

Posté Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 9:55 pm
KaymystPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have the same config with a u46dj, and the same problems appeared.
I seem to have fixed it by maximizing the window on VDJ (I have a 1280*800 screen)
tell me if that works for you

Posté Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 7:02 pm
you know ... i've never had a problem with Vdj till i got 4.0

... thats why i just went back to 3.4 ... i'm not mixing videos i dont need all that stuff

maybe a later version of Vdj would fix all the bugs that 4.0 has ... but untill then, 3.4 works fine for me

Posté Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 1:35 pm
Just for the record, I do videos and karaoke and I can tell you that V4 was not a significant upgrade in the area of videos. I can also tell you that V4 has a great sound engine when compared to 3.4. When I listen to the two side by side, I'm embarrassed that I ever played at such a degraded sound quality. V4 is here to stay from me, even without video.

Mat

Posté Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 4:00 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)