Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet ATI or Nvidia Graphics Card Question - Page: 2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

recommended;)

Look at ACW's post above... He knows video graphic cards very well, and how they perform in VDJ

And I can personally warmly recommend ATI cards. Have been using them all my life, and a huge fan.. never had issues, as long as I've upgraded every 2-3 years to keep track with development.

Posté Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 12:45 am

Posté Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 3:30 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Guys come on the cards you are talking about are OVERKILL for what we are doing here. 6600gt or 6800GT or the 7600gt is plenty. If you arn't scratching you don't need a lot of video memory. Having more doesn't make it better for vdj. 128-256 is more then enough. Ram is only being used when you are backcuing or foward cueing the videos. GPU speed is far more important then ram size, however ram speed is very important too.

I'd like ati more but their drivers are full of useless junk....

Posté Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 6:59 am
@ Cyder

You can install just the driver with ATI radeons and get rid of a lot of the junk. I have to say that I think ATI took a backward step when they introduced all this Net framework dependant control center. There's always the Omega drivers as well.

Regarding the overkill, I agree to a point but when you want to manipulate live video, ie effects transitions between sources, and throw in some live video feed (camera) etc I think you need a bit of grunt in the card.

Posté Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 11:58 am
The 7600GT is just as good as the X1800GTO and about £40 cheaper, maybe even as much as £60 depending where you buy from, ebuyer are possibly closing down soon and if you've ordered from them recently you'll know their shipping is horrible, I've heard lots of good things about scan.co.uk

Wouldn't a FireGL card be better than the standard Radeon series? They are video editing cards afterall.

Posté Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 12:34 pm
Never had a problem with ebuyer recently, previously they were bad, but even the returns run smoothly now! I've spent a couple of thousand pounds with them recently and alls been fine.

But that card is a 512 meg one, it's a goodie for sure.

Posté Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 12:36 pm
Ah, didn't notice the 512MB although I think I'd still save the additional £40-£60 and get the 7600GT to pass time until the DX10 compliant cards are released, it is a good deal however but be sure to check if scan sell it for cheaper (they're currently ranked 2nd at hexus.net retailer rankings). Here's the article about ebuyer.

Posté Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 12:47 pm
Well, I gave in, I've ordered one! :o)

Posté Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 4:56 pm
PuttePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Plans to get New Laptop

ThinkPad T60p
Part Number: UT0FH
15inches 1600x1200
ATI Mobility FireGL V5200 PCI Express GDDR3 256MB
Intel® Core Duo processor T2500 2.00GHz 667MHz fsb
2GB RAM
100GB Serial ATA
Got an X40 from last year now but i have problem to do video smooth

has anyone has some expirience of the V5200 card & VDJ + herc mk2

Posté Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 6:12 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
I never have tested one of those.

It seems ok to play videos but can't tell. DDR3 128bits ... I don't have the clock or memory speed, but seem it's good enough.

Good luck!

Posté Sat 16 Sep 06 @ 2:54 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)