Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Video Question!!!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

rjd137PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hey everyone can you give me a little help here.
When using 2 or more plasma tv's at a gig, how do you hook up the video feed? because when i do it using s-video wires and going from pc to plasma to plasma, the second plasma always gets a singal loss and looks like doo doo. so then i tryed just going out of the video card with a "y" video cable and ran the rca video cable to each plasma and it worked but its not a wow picture. so what is the right and best way to do this. I must be missing somthing?

Thanks!

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 6:46 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 6:58 am
You need a video splitter. Come out of you PC, into the switcher, out of the splitter to the TVs. I will get you a link, but Radio Shack has them. Ok, Cyder beat me to it, so you have the idea.

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 7:02 am
He's talking about signal loss when hooking up more then one monitor. He needs a Distrubution amp like the one I linked him to.

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 7:04 am
thanks thats great. Im getting it first thing in the morning. is there any thing more i need to know about hooking them up and keeping the best video signal i can?

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 7:25 am
I meant splitter, so I changed it.

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 7:26 am
i have to thank you guys. wow quick feed back and help thsi is great! thanks again

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 7:31 am
Look around on that site, and you may find something else you could use. There are splitters for just 2 TVs, that are a little cheaper, but that does not give you room to expand. Just some more info. You asked about the best picture. The three basic formats are; composite video (the yellow RCA connector). Then comes S-video which you have, and then comes component video ( the Y Pb Pr connector), which gives the best picture. My video card offers all three, but yours may not. Of course the next level is DVI or HDMI, but your TVs may not support these.

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 7:57 am
so if my card from the pc only has rca video out and s-video out on it i can only use those two types or at this web site you sent me to, could they maybe make some kind of a converter? because my labtop right now only gives me those too out put types,..... but the new one i just orded to day has a few different out put types. on the video end its the gforce 7900 smoething. i get the exp 1710 from dell, with 2.33 speed with that new chip that just came out, and 2 gig of ram bla,bla bla. anyway the new labtop should give me a kick but pitchure on my plasmas right.

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 8:15 am
Keep in mind Svideo without an a signal amp is gonna get flakey after 15 feet or so. The best (for now) is vga most video cards will give you a vga or dvi option. vga can be over 100 feet and still look good. Vga da's are more expensive however but most plasmas will have this option as an input.

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 1:55 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)