Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet VDJ 4.0 Hyper Threading Support & A Discovery!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Just curious as to what support for hyperthreading Virtual DJ has? I currently have a 3.06GHZ non HT, but have a 3.2GHZ HT Enabled CPU on the way and was curious as to what king of inprovement the HT CPU might have.

Currently 3.4 runs fine and smooth, but 4.0 seems to struggle a bit in the video department, mainly while loading. In general playback on one deck is good, but two decks playing seems to start taxing the video output, Turning off "Decode while hidden" makes the live video stutter (Just the video) when the new track is xfaded in, or as the video output is started.

NEWSFLASH!
I just managed to get VDJ 4.0 back down to 30%, 5% less than VDJ 3.4, and 30% less than the default "Fast Performance" default that VDJ ships with, The answer for me, The "OVERCLOCK" option in performance settings, drops CPU usage for me from 60% to 30%, and if I close my video preview window, it drops to 1%!!!! (Thats still with video showing on tv's, but they use hardware acceleration!)
With Full Quality setting, but "Overclock" turned OFF, I use about 10% more CPU!

Sound card (Because I guess this setting is for the sound card!) Is an Aureon 5.1 USB.
NOTE; this may not work with all sound cards, and i did notice that I had to up the buffer to 1024, but the video so far seems to have smoothed out, and Ive saved some CPU time. Turntable users may not get away with this delay on audio, I can, I just use a DAC!

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 12:38 pm
yupp... Everybody with a bit powerfull pc should use overclock settimg inside VDJ.

Its not really overclock in the sense many hardware "hackers" might think (overclocking CPU etc), but rather a optimization algorithm that makes VDJ run real smooth on PC's that have a bit of power;)
Specially laptops can benefit from this ;)

"Tell your friends" ;)

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 3:56 pm
Thats the thing, it wasn't on mine! I had to turn Overclock OFF, then I gained 30% extra cpu power, and then things were actually smoother!

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 9:04 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
The Dev team should give us a feedback about this and also what is the optimization for Dual Core processors.

Posté Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 3:41 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)