Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Updated Nuo4 and xsession shortcut xml files (downloads page)

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003

Posté Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 4:46 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
almost forgot about this part

The vdj4cc.c4l file is used to load the midi configuration of the NUO4
in the Control4Lab sofware. After loading it, you need click on Device
then store to upload it to the NUO4.

Posté Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 8:58 pm
KaymystPRO InfinityMember since 2006

Just liked to add this:
For the x-session, you have to set each of the 10 buttons as notes (instead of cc by default)
here is how to do it on the controller:

press button 0 then assign then type 147 then press program twice and type 000
press button 1 then assign then type 147 then press program twice and type 001
press button 2 then assign then type 147 then press program twice and type 002
press button 9 then assign then type 147 then press program twice and type 009

Posté Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 10:11 pm

Posté Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 7:04 pm
Would this work with the nuo5? I was thinking of buying one...

Posté Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 11:05 pm
What exactly does this do?

Is it just a list of pre-defined shortcuts for the x-session? (I own one)

Posté Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 11:14 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Yes that's it The_Unforgiven.

Posté Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 9:17 am
KaymystPRO InfinityMember since 2006
djwilliec wrote :
Would this work with the nuo5? I was thinking of buying one...

No, the Nuo5 is not a midi controller

Posté Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 12:17 pm
Been messing with the X-Session for most of the last two days, and have come across two things.

1) A bug of some sorts that causes it to crash using the above midiXS.xml file when hitting the buttons on the right, something to do with the sampler I believe, as the sampler button lights up just before it crashes.

2) Effects cannot be triggered temporarily with this controller, even when the buttons are set up as notes, pressing one of these buttons will launch the effect, without either turning it off when the button is released, or turning it off when the button is pressed again. I do believe it can be made to turn off on a second press of the button, but the "Temporary" option would be much better.

Steve

Posté Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 2:40 pm
wigcityPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I am not sure what's going on here. I recently bought an X-Session and use it at gigs. I assigned Controls using the MIDI setup in VDJ4 without any problem, having used keyboard shortcuts for some time. I cannot figure out the Note assignment routine that is used in the XML file and I'm just wondering why it is used anyway, is it to do with speed of response? I find the whole MIDI thing a bit difficult to understand and some instructions a bit unintuitive and apparently downright wrong (yes I have got a manual). If assigning the available buttons and knobs ONCE each is all that is possible with VDJ then I've figured that out and can't see the need for this XML file (we all have different needs), or am I missing something?

Posté Tue 03 Oct 06 @ 3:03 pm
funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
So this is recently updated within the last few weeks? I will install it and give it a whirl. So far this has been the only problem I have with VDJ4.0 is the midi crashing VDJ4.0
Now the question is, can we make our own midi mappings? Or do we have to go with the way it was done with the xml files? Because that is what I did with the old v4.0 updated nuo4 files was remap my keys. And like others thats when we noticed that using the midi of the ecler nuo4 would cause vdj4.0 to crash.

Posté Tue 03 Oct 06 @ 3:11 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)