Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet specs to run vdj perfect

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I just don't get it can we just get some specs on running vdj using the software to its full power,by that I mean runnig audio,videos & karaokee. Virtual dj is selling this sofware to do all this,so when you say it freezes for a few seconds that souldn't happen.So insted of blaming the pc,laptop,the video card,the video memory,the cpu,& I could go on for ever on all the excuses that their saying just tell us what we need to run this software PERFECT.......After all we are using this to earn money with it so our reputation is on the line.

Posté Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 12:39 am
Its really really hard ... this issue.

We can give recommandations for lowest minimum specs on a CLEAN pc

But we all know that users install and uninstall a bunch of program, drivers, adware, spyware...
Making Windows OS run slower, even crash, making the whole pc a mess.

So, my FIRST suggestion would be :

- KEEP PC CLEAN AS POSSIBLE if you use it professionally at gigs OR have two partitions, one clean :)

HARDWARE:
Soundcards : u46dj, maya44 or better
CPU : pentium 4, the more powerfull the better.
Graphics : Nvida or ATI - with dedicated ram for video mixing. The more the better, the faster the better.

it all depends.
Hard do give specs for YOUR perfect pc, depends on your use.

But I will repeat, keeping PC as clean as possible is a good start...

Posté Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 1:00 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posté Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 1:41 am
thanx.. was not even going to that part, but you are right..,.

It even depends on chips, boards, build etc.

Like my other laptop had a SiS chip that just did not want to work with my USB in 2.0 speed...
Totally NO logic to that, as other pc's with same chips work...

Its mission impossible to say what is the perfect pc.

Unfortunately (unlike MAC), there are so many makers of (IBM) PC's, and so many different ways of setting it up hardware wize (hardware factor), and user wize (software factor) + the use os the system (the system mess up factor)

Aint easy ;)

But VDJ will run fine for most, on a new clean PC.

Posté Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 2:03 am
So the next question is if I get a new pc build for only the use of vdj,what should the specs be so vdj would run perfect? I mean without a glitch using the software to its full power.Again I mean without a glitch.

Posté Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 3:11 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Vdj is only gonna be as stable as you keep your OS. Ie make sure u have the latest drivers, no irq conflicts, and that it is tweaked for DJ use. you can have a 8-way tyan motherboard with 128gb of ram
(yes 128gb) and if your OS is unstable , then guess what. :)

Posté Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 3:14 am

Posté Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 3:16 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Realisticly, it's not going to happen - the PERFECT PC for any software?
What you can have is go with what you see and hear within the forum on the hardware that people have had the best results with. And if you really want to get close to perfection, don't be afaid to spend some money on the QUALITY stuff, it's not always about quantity.

Posté Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 5:58 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
If you're doing video, be VERY picky about your video card. The Nvidia 6600GT seems to be the dev team's favourite, but you have to look carefully at the specs. 256MB of memory is recommended, DDR3 as opposed to DDR2, 'cos it's faster. Check also the GPU speed and all the other gubbins as well, not all 6600GT cards are the same!

By the way, don't think for a minute that I'm some kind of video card expert - I was asking video card questions the other week, and I got all this from DJ Cyder, he's the video guru around these parts! ;-)

Posté Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 9:32 am
mintersPRO InfinityMember since 2006
i am a total noob to all this but i have found that if you run vdj in shell mode it should help with a lot of issues. Basically this way it wont open alot of the backround progs that you dont need when working with vdj.

if people are interested i will post the information here on how to do it. but maybe this has already been posted earlier. will check back to see if anyone is interested

Posté Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 2:54 pm
I am... what do you mean with shell mode?
:)

Posté Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 5:07 pm
basically your pc starts up with vdj as your operating system is the short answer. you can still access windows via ctrl-alt-del and using task manager-file-run to start up explorer or internet or any other progs you want opened

to do it you open regedit and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon and double click on the shell entry. where it says explorer type in C:\progra~1\VirtualDJ\VirtualDJ.exe (where your vdj exe file is located)

restart your pc.

when your pc restarts it opens vdj automatically plus some nessicary processes to start. if you want to change back to windows mode just go to the same key and edit the string back to explorer.

hope this helps

Posté Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 6:37 pm
yeah.. .but does that really give any benefits compared to killing the explorer task, in task manager, after windows is started, and run vdj without explorer running ?

Posté Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 6:45 pm
i think you are more of a expert than i am. you tell me :)

i use it this way and i get no problems with vdj instability. i have been running my last dj software like this also and never have any problems.

if you find that it has no real benefit you can always change your settings back.
the only problems i have are with vdj's browser but thats another topic

have a go and tell me your results maybe its another tweak to make your pc run faster.

Posté Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 7:00 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)