Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Video Crossfader

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I am looking for an inexpensive small unit to act as a video crossfader. I am familiar with the Griffin Powermate and the X-Session. Are there any USB crossfaders available? I do not want a full blown video mixer. What options are available?

Thanks
Rusty

Posté Sun 17 Sep 06 @ 6:56 am
Or you can now set 4.0 to auto crossfade. On the default skin you just click the transition type. You can also assign the video crossfader to a couple of keyboard shortcuts. And if you have a Dac2 or DMC there are mapper plugins that have the video crossfader buttons added.

Posté Sun 17 Sep 06 @ 7:00 am
Or you can use the midi of the bcd2000 for mixing audio and video at a time, the price is about $150.

Posté Sun 17 Sep 06 @ 7:15 pm
I use a DAC 3 but dont know how to setup buttons to act as video crossfader. I would LOVE to be able to be able to map buttons to crossfader. Is the mapper available for VDJ4 and DAC3 yet? I am still using the old one.

Rusty

Posté Sun 17 Sep 06 @ 11:57 pm
With my custom DAC-3 mapper, you can do an automatic video crossfade by pressing SHIFT+PLAY. If you want more control than this, you would probably be better off using a MIDI controller with a crossfader (Such as X-Session) or MIDI mixer in conjunction with the DAC-3.

An updated version of the DAC-3 mapper for VDJ 4 will be available very shortly (v1.3) This will be followed by v2.0 that will allow custom button mapping.

Posté Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 7:30 pm
Thanks, I will look forward to the new release. If possible I would LOVE to make the little left and right arrows on the DAC3 to control my video fader, I have never used them for song searching

Posté Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 7:53 pm
I am trying to do the same but I think there may be another alternative. If the mixer has some way of giving a pure output of each channel seperately then you can hook up a system in Pure Data or Max MSP to send a midi signal to VDJ based on if there is volume coming through that channel or not. This could also fade in as apposed to simply cut in.......Max MSP supports Rewire 2 but not sure if VDJ does.

I don't think I can do this as I am planning on using the timecoded vinyls and a technics mixer. . I was also thinking of building a midi switch on the edge of the fader but this would probably effect the scratching.

If anyone has any other suggestions please shout. If I can sort this I would be a very happy man...

Please please please let us find an inexpensive way of doing this.....

Posté Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 11:19 am
Is there a way to do the same Automatic Video Crossfade effect like jpboggis's plug-in (shift+play in the DAC3) with the keyboard by pressing only one key?. If it so... how?

Thanks in advance.

Posté Sun 15 Oct 06 @ 2:20 am
This isn't possible with keyboard shortcuts (There's currently no shortcut to do this in the same way as my DAC-3 mapper), but you can activate the current video transition (Via a shortcut if you prefer) which will cause VDJ to automatically crossfade depending on what you are doing with the decks.

Posté Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 1:21 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)