Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet TCCD, cue and restart... plays last part from stop

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

yvesmkPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I started playing around with TCCD, with my new boughth double cd player SYNQ CDX2.

Strange thing I noticed... and wondering if it has something to do with the CD player or VDJ setup.

CD player output is split for audio to mixtable and for TCCD to MAYA44 USB soundcard.
Setup in VDJ4 is OK. Timecode gives 100% signal.

VDJ has an MP3 loaded (from CDRW in laptop, not from HD).

When on the CD player I press the stop button and then the cue button (position jumps back to cue point) and then again press the start button, I first hear a tiny part of the last position the song was, before it starts playing from the cue point.

It sounds like with vinyls you would press the start button on the turntable and you hear the sound/turntable coming up to speed.

Dioes this have something to do with the latency of VDJ.
Or the buffering of the CD player.

Any clues, any point where to look at?

Thanks in advance.

Posté Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 9:43 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
yes i know this problem, i've seen this on every other vinyl/tc program i tested, must be something with the buffer.
Solution is to lower the asio latency of the soundcard.
For the maya "fast" or "rapid" are good options (highspeed if you have very fast cpu), to minimize the problem.
Let me know.

Posté Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 3:49 pm
yvesmkPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I've been playing around with the latency of the MAYA44USB card.
I had it set to fast, which didn't change much.
When put to rapid, I had distortion on the sound.
But still there was a delay when I pressed the start button on the CD player.

When I put the CD player with the TCCD on cue and press the play button I have the "wwwhhhopp" sound, before the actual part starting of the VDJ cue point starts playing.

When I press twice on the cue button on the CD player with TCCD, the cue is correctly in VDJ, and when I press the play button on the CD player TCCD, the song in VDJ starts as expected.

Now I'm wondering if really is the latency of the soundcard?
If so, will replacing the soundcard by one with a better latency solve the problem?
Can someone advice on a soundcard with low latency?

Or is the laptop not being fast enough, or not having anough memory?

Or can it still be something related to the CD player with TCCD?

Hope somebody can give some answers.

Posté Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 9:00 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Lower latency will help for sure but from what i know and from what i've learned recently
-for a usb soundcard, because of the usb native latency-, :
anything less than 10ms is waste of cpu resources, so my advise is if you need less latency go for a pci asio card (m-audio, esi)
i can work well with maya and "fast", not a real problem for me.

Other tips to have a perfect start:
Use smart mode in timecode setup and use the timecode cd along with the internal cue points.
Set a cue point anywhere on cd, and press a "go to cue" command from keyboard (or mouse), lets say go to cue #2 (if exist)
Start the TCCD, it will start perfectly without buffer problems.

Posté Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 4:58 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)