Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Question all about splitting...

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
HI,

Thanks for any response from somone who has used VDJ 4.0 pro and split their cables.

My goal is to use a laptop, 2 cd players, external soundcard and a club mixer.

I was interested in the "splitting" because it seems to me that if the VDJ program were to freeze or my computer crashes, the cd players will work perfectly (as long as I put a new CD in) because they continue to another line on the mixer?

Is this correct?

I know how the wiring goes.

My question really is about quality.

Is there ANY change in quality because both the LEFT and Right RCA plugs coming from the cd player is split?

With 2 cd players, that makes 4 splits.

Any feedback would be great. Not for how to hook it up, but for the quality and if this is a true safe guard in case something where to happen to the program or computer?

Thanks.

B

Posté Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 7:10 pm

Posté Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 7:29 pm
Thanks- I know I saw the picture, but my question is strictly about sound quality and volume now that the each RCA coming from CD is split over 2 places..

Also on an aside, I just called around and it seems there is no y splitter with 3 female connectors.
I'd have to put the splitter directly into the L and R on the back of the cd players. NO biggie if I had to I guess.

Any feedback on sound quality, volume or 3 female Y splitters?

Thanks,

B

Posté Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 7:40 pm
Why split the cables if you're using VDJ and cd player/s?

Just run the cd player to the mixer to a free channel. Set up the gain/volume etc of that channel before you start. Place a disk in the cd player and select an appropriate track then 'pause' it. Now, if your laptop crashes you just hit the 'pause' button on the seperate cd player and it will take over whilst you reboot.

No need to split cables at all. For instance, on my 4 channel mixer I have :-

Channel 1 VDJ left deck
Channel 2 Bluelaser 888 dvd/divx/cd player
Channel 3 VDJ right deck
Channel 4 VDJ Samples

I simply place a mix CD into my bluelaser and have it paused as above. Having said that, V4 has never crashed on me....... yet!

Posté Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 7:46 pm
My fault, I guess I fogot to mention that I will be using the Pioneer CD players with Time coded CDs and VDJ 4.0 Pro. In this scenario, the cd players would go to the soundcard which goes to the mixer. I read about splitting and figured if for some reason the computer crashed the CD players (which were now split) would still be hooked up to the mixer. I was just concerned about volume level and quality.

I think I forgot to mention the TCV.

Hope this helps.

B

Posté Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 9:22 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posté Thu 21 Sep 06 @ 12:35 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)