Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Need Help: Timecoded Vinyl

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

jepuyPRO InfinityMember since 2005
hello everyone. This question might have been already asked in some other topic so please bear with me.

Right now, I have a Intel Centrino Laptop with 1gb of ram & 80 gb HD. I am currently using VDJ 4.0 with a Hercules DJ Console (not mk2), a set of speakers and amp and I want to upgrade using a timecoded vinyl. I think I am going to need the following but I'm not sure so please tell me if I'm missing something.

1. A USB soundcard (preferably a MAYA44). Is there a cheaper equivalent to the MAYA?
2. Two (2) turntables
3. Two (2) Timecoded Vinyls
4. A DJ Mixer

My budget is around $500 - $600. What TTs can you guys recommend based on my budget?

Any help will do. Thank you.

Posté Tue 03 Oct 06 @ 5:27 pm
Expect to pay at least $200 per turntable (most below are belt driven & belt drive tt's are no good), luckily you can get a pair of Numark tt500's from ebay at around $400. I highly recommend the 500's too, they've got minimal wow & flutter, three speeds plus reverse, 5 kg of torgue (have yet to see a tt higher in torque), includes straight and s shaped tonearms, adjustable start and brake times, in short it's a much more affordable equivilant to the 1200's. Unfortunatly you'll have a hard time fitting all these into a $600 budget, pair of tt's $400 (you'll also need carts) plus shipping on ebay, u46dj $200 (maya 44 usb is no longer being made) and a mixer at least you can get fairly cheap if you don't need anything fancy. I've got a used behringer vmx100 dj mixer for sale on ebay, plus a gemini pmx40 as soon as I get it cleaned;^]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=016&item=260037021735&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Posté Tue 03 Oct 06 @ 7:22 pm
jepuyPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Thanks for the info. I'll have to find more money then. This is just a hobby for me so there's really no hurry. I will definitely take your advice. Thanks again.

Posté Tue 03 Oct 06 @ 8:18 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)