Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet TCV bypass...Help

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

cypressPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Is it possible to bypass and send through audio from vinyl and have it play back to the mixer? EG your playing an MP3 via TCV and you wana chuck on a track on normal vinyl, can I bypass VDJ to play the vinyl without unplugging the Turntables and plugging them directly into the mixer??

Thanks

Posté Fri 06 Oct 06 @ 2:58 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
you need to buy 4 y adapters female to male, split the turntable rca's, then one set will go to the soundcard and the other to the phono input on the mixer. With your mixer switched to line its TCV, when its on phono it real vinyls.

http://www.virtualdj.com/blog/DjPyure/blog2438.html

Posté Fri 06 Oct 06 @ 4:55 pm
Just unmute the monitor channels on the soundcard mixer window but dont forget to mute them again when you put the time code back on

Posté Sun 08 Oct 06 @ 12:33 pm
I have been unmuting the sound card, but it is just too risky as you have to iconize the VDJ software and you know how WINDOWS works.
I would strongly suggest the TEAM of VDJ to implement a button in the softwares that bypasses.
Or the current button that read the timecode can be upgraded that by pushing it, it will enable reading info from the TIMECODE, by unpushing it, it will just bypass.
Does it make sense?

Cheers

Posté Sun 08 Oct 06 @ 5:47 pm
It makes sense, to have this option, but I prefer the Y cables. In this case I have 2 phono channels on my mixer and 2 vdj channels. The gain would be different between the original vinyls and playing mp3s. I have enough channels on my mixer, so I prefer that setup. For you and others it would be a nice addition.
Ewout

Posté Sun 08 Oct 06 @ 8:50 pm
cypressPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Thank you very much... The Y cables it is then. For a moment there I was thinking id have to change to a product like Serato or Final Scratch. ahh

Posté Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 2:45 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)