Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet BCD2000 and 4.1

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Would whomever said that 4.1 works perfectly with the BCD please tell us:

What drivers are you using?

What setting are you using in BCD control panel?

What settings are you using in VDJ?

How do you make the microphone work?

I cannot get it to work properly at all. Cannot get mic to work, cannot get headphone AND main output, I have to hit play twice to make the song play.

Whats the deal?

Rusty

Posté Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 9:59 am
Ok, solved the headphone issue but still no microphone and still have to hit play twice to start a song

Posté Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 10:35 am

You need to set the bcd in "B-DJ" mode, not in "Advanced" mode.
When running in "advanced" mode, you have to push buttons twice... so turn it to B-DJ mode.

As far as mic goes, Virtual DJ only support mic in WDM mode, and BCD2000 does not allow the mic to work on the WDM drivers. But Behringer have said they will release a new driver real soon to fix that.

Hope that helps;)

Posté Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 11:02 am
tanziPRO InfinityMember since 2005
AND HERE IT IS: 4.1 (another masterpice of atomix)

Lets compare 3.4 -> 4.0 -> 4.1 with the eyes of a BCD-User

• Mic (3.4 -) (4.0 -) (4.1 still -)
  • LED's (3.4 OK) (4.0 X) (4.1 OK)
  • programmable Buttons (3.4 OK) (4.0 X) (4.1 back to X)
  • ASIO stability (3.4 OK) (4.0 OK) (4.1 OK (tested 20 min))
  • "alt-space"= menue (3.4 OK) (4.0 X) (4.1 still -)

Posté Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 1:44 pm
(13 minutes are too short to edit a post) :)

• Mic ist still not working (why is VDJ the only Software that is not able to handle ASIO-Mic? Maybe Dev_Team should take a look at B-DJ or DJ-Decks)

• What happend to the function of programming buttons with midi? You gave us back the LED's but therefore we can not assigne the buttons with our own functions? Sorry but 3.4 was really better there with the little workarounds.
    (@quintana ??????? LoL, maybe you tested a beta wich never made it to the user, otherways you simply lied to us in saying we could programme the buttons in every way we want to. even with the midi-system i cant programme the buttons in any other way than in 4.0)

- Phones-Split -> Dead
    - FX B & C -> Dead
    - Back to Top -> totally useless function
    Three Buttons we could use if MIDI would work!

• Whats with the Line-In? I havent tested it yet but as the lights for this buttons are not working i can imagine that the Line-in is not working also.
  • Scratch - Pitch Bend -> good work
  • Asio stability: running now for 30min without a problem -> good work (even if this sould be abSolut normality for any DJ-Software)
  • [*]Sound engine improvements -> really the best part of 4.0/4.1

So:
    Bring up Mic-In & Line-In
    Let the Users assigne own functions to buttons WITH working LED's

AND I WILL DEFINTELY SERVE DEV_TEAM A BEER! ;)

Posté Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 2:28 pm
    djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
    tanzi wrote :
    Let the Users assigne own functions to buttons WITH working LED's

You can now create your own mapper (like DJ Console and DAC3 )

Posté Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 2:39 pm
    WOHOOO this is great .... Ähm sorry where to find this? is this a Plugin? Sorry for this question, but i havent played around with mappers yet.

Your Beer is getting closer and closer ;)

Posté Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 2:43 pm
    For version 4.2 this function will be availbale, meanwhile you can use the midi config. of vdj to do it, but no leds feedback.

Posté Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 3:12 pm
    tanzi wrote :
    (13 minutes are too short to edit a post) :)

(@quintana ??????? LoL, maybe you tested a beta wich never made it to the user, otherways you simply lied to us in saying we could programme the buttons in every way we want to. even with the midi-system i cant programme the buttons in any other way than in 4.0)

AND I WILL DEFINTELY SERVE DEV_TEAM A BEER! ;)

I not lied, Tanzy, Now you could even work with the predesigned configuration or even do a map by yourself, now I said that some funrions are not aviable for now but the DEV TEAM is working on it and be sure that in futures updates everything will be ok ....

DJ Quintana

Posté Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 6:42 pm
    Why does the cue button not take you back to the cue point and STOP! Currently you have to set the cue point and hit play and song starts(the way it should) when I hit CUE the song goes back to the cue point but as soon as you release the CUE button, the song keeps playing. Is there a way to set it to work like EVERY other controller that I have ever used? When I hit cue I want it to go ack to the cue point and STOP until I hit play again.

Posté Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 7:20 pm

Its called HOT CUE, and is a part of modern CD players.. and most of Numark players have this.

But it can be turned off in a mapper...

I love hot cue, a lot more creative to use.. But some might rather want the cue-and-stop behaviour ..

Mappers should fix that :)

Posté Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 7:41 pm
    I can see how it is useful but I like to be able to stop the track without having to reset the cue point. I think it should be an option to use the new way as opposed to being default.

Posté Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 8:44 pm
    that bug is gonna be fixed soon Partyman, cue_stop & play_pause.

Posté Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 9:02 pm
    Thanks

Posté Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 9:27 pm
    @ Quintana

And again, all you get is a big "LoL"
    if i'm allowed to quote a little passage out of one of your posts
    Quote :

If I said that I have a good NEWS is because I have it!!!!... I do not supost to say this but..I am one of the TESTER on the new beta and I guarantee to you that DEV TEAM is doing his BEST to make it works, and I can not tell you all the new factures that will be improved but, i can tell you that will be full suported and full midi compactibilyted BTW this is only an advence but dev tema still working on it and it needs to be 100% tested before relasse but I am pretty sure that thousand of people will be happy and everybody will wants to cheer to dev team abou it LOL ;)

Maybe we have an diiferent understanding of what you call "full midi support". But in my opinion "full support" means that i can programme all buttons AND get working LED's! Now i have "preconfigured buttons WITH LED's" (and many useless buttons) OR Midi WITHOUT LED's like i had in V4.0.

But as there is a mapper advised for the BCD it is an absolutely moot point to discuss this further on.
    Maybe you should be a little more carefull when you publish infos about betas.

Posté Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 1:07 am

You got it wrong ;) BCD2000 is now supported by Virtual DJ's mapper SDK, and can be mapped in any way just like Hercules or DAC.

That means you can compile a dll file that "hardcodes" a mapper that can work in many ways for the BCD2000...

The mapper SDK is open for all to use, and its always been users that have made the mappers (Hercules, DAC etc).

The Hercules have long had a mapper Cel made, that give you a pop up window, where you can map any buttons on the Hercules on the fly, while you mix, to any function inside VDJ, and inc LED's working..

Such a mapper is in the making for BCD2000 as we speak..

And anyone else knowing a bit of programming can do it too ;)

Why DLL ?? because its stronger than xml mapping, and make leds and other things possible..

XML midi mapping is still possible also, as a pure midi controller .. if you want to use that
    But that can not change "hardware" behaviour things on the console, like a compiled DLL can

Posté Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 1:23 am
    I cannot get the BCD to work on any of my laptops. I have it working well on a desktop. On the laptops it seems that it will run for about 15 seconds then stop. I tried it on AMD 64 and P4 2.8

I have tried every setting suggested and more, downloaded latest direct X, .net framework, and anything else I can think of and I still cannot get it to work.

Who has a BCD working on a laptop? what are all your settings?

Rusty

Posté Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 5:48 am
    On my laptop and desktop wdm and asio drivers work fine.

Posté Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 6:14 am
    @Partyman
    Did you try to shut off you W-LAN adapter?
    Activated W-Lan makes VDJ stopping on my Laptop exactly as you describe it.

Have a nice Day
    Tanzi

Posté Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 9:32 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)