Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Cannot install 4.1 up date

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

When I go to install...get an error box " A previous version of VDJ must be installed before upgrading it"
I am a registered user...
I also have 3.4 installed as well....don't know if that poses a problem...Please Advgise..

Thanks....

Posté Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 10:26 pm
I think you must install the full version of VDJ 4.0. 4.1 is an update for 4.0 and not for 3.4.

Posté Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 10:47 pm

Posté Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 10:56 pm
I have the full install of 4.0....I'm running that and 3.4.......

Posté Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 11:43 pm
i hav the same problem as u... hmm.. do i uninstall 3.4 to fix this? :s

Posté Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 11:46 pm

Posté Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 11:47 pm
Again I have the full version of 4 installed...
I also have 3.4 installed..

Is the answer to uninstall both, reinstall 4.0 (I have the file) then the update?

Thanks

Posté Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 11:50 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
thatmusicguy wrote :
Is the answer to uninstall both, reinstall 4.0 (I have the file) then the update?

Thanks

I'm guessing that could be your solution :) Try installing the 3.4 under a separate folder, if you still want to use both.

Norway, don't sit that long in front of the computer, makes reading hard :P

e

Posté Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 12:03 am
Here's what my problem was:
I had renamed the .exe file to allow the running of both 3.4 and 4.0. The update file wa looking for virtualdj.3exe; I had renamed it to virtualdj4.exe..Renamed it back and Presto...update....

The response was ultra fast from support.....thoroghly impressed

Posté Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 12:14 am
erxon wrote :

Norway, don't sit that long in front of the computer, makes reading hard :P

took your advice, and watched a movie.. damn, and thatmusicguy got help from someone else... damn....hehe

Posté Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 1:04 am
jerrydvPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I had 4.0 installed and then I installed 3.4 afterwards and also got the error message. Looks like there may be a setting somewhere saying what version is installed. All I did to fix it was install 4.0 again without deleteing anything and I was then able to install the 4.1 update.

Posté Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 11:08 am
Just for what it is worth, I could not get the Update to install and I believe it is because my 4.0 is on the E: drive and 3.4 is on the C drive. Just simply ask support for the full install.

Posté Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 11:38 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)