Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Pitch on decks/CD and internaly in VDJ

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
VDJ seems to calibrate the 0% of your decks! im stil experementing, ill let you know. if you start off the timecode at +5 on your decks, VDJ can read this as 0% and if you then return to 0% on your decks VDJ thinks that you have gone to -5%???????? im still experementing and findng a way to replicate this.

Posté Sun 15 Oct 06 @ 11:00 pm
i cant recreate the behaviour, dont know what happened! it seemed that VDJ had calibrated 5% on my decks to be 0% in VDJ because i had started them at 5% (i had not touched the internal pitch sliders) if i set my turntable to 5% VDJ was 0% i set my tts to 0% VDJ would read -5% etc etc. pressing the pitch reset button did not do anything

Posté Sun 15 Oct 06 @ 11:29 pm
djzarePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Try to untick the tempo check box in sound setup, works for me. With tempo on, pitch was too flimsy_at least for me. Hope that helps somewhat.

Posté Sun 15 Oct 06 @ 11:59 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
@dj xeo..
not a bug, vdj everytime take both internal and external (tc) pitch into account and the final pitch is the sum of the two. This is a very powerful feature allow you to use both, or internal bpm sync commands, or have external pitch slider in a "relative" way.
Now that you know how it works just avoid situations that can confuse this calculation.
Eg. dont move TC pitch slider when tcv/cd is stopped, else when you start it again vdj will "correct"/update the pitch.
Its not a problem at all, just have a pitch reset shortcut and use it if something goes wrong.

Posté Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 9:37 am
i am aware of how the pitch works in VDJ (adding internal and external tempo)
this is not what i am reffering to

Posté Mon 23 Oct 06 @ 12:08 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
ok i read again your first message, will try it.

Posté Mon 23 Oct 06 @ 12:47 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)