Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet i got my tcvs working but....

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

DJ_N031Home userMember since 2006
in the program the bpms flutuate up and down a little and when u start a song it doesnt start at normal bpm ? it will be like %1.3 but everyhting is working i can adjust with pitch on turntable
also before i was having problems of just reciveing tcv sounds and stuff and no music this is what i did i reseated my cartidges like 6 times looking at the aiso graph and touching the viynl till it got good signal then lock in place then i made sure u46dj is on phono input on sound card esi u46dj and on the mixer it is line.

ALSO the new drivers wont work if u have 050 rev of the card which i have u have to use 1.1.14 drivers :)

my main question is why the fluctuations just normal?

Posté Sun 22 Oct 06 @ 8:59 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hi there could u add ur Tcv to ur profile ,by pressing detect TCV

then ul have a lil cool icon lol

and what needles do u use?

Posté Sun 22 Oct 06 @ 9:54 pm
i cant because it is on a diffrent computer (my laptop) and that is not hooked up to the internet all i can do is take a picture lol

i am using numark cc-1 brand new :)

Posté Sun 22 Oct 06 @ 10:03 pm
and the flucuations are like this 142.3 bpm then it goes to .4 then .5 then it will go to .4 then to .3

Posté Sun 22 Oct 06 @ 10:06 pm
doesnt matter lol , go to ur profile and press detect mk2 order

Posté Sun 22 Oct 06 @ 11:43 pm
checked conectors are grounded ?

Posté Sun 22 Oct 06 @ 11:46 pm
yes everything works fine no hums no feedback nothing bad like that everything is working in the program with the tcv its just that bpms fluctuate as i stated above and i just got these tcv's so i just wanna know if thats normal.

what do you mean check mk2? i dont have a mk2 i just have u46dj

Posté Sun 22 Oct 06 @ 11:55 pm

Posté Mon 23 Oct 06 @ 1:20 am
DJ_N031 wrote :

my main question is why the fluctuations just normal?

Yes. Its because of the wow and flutters on turntables.
Wow and Flutter are common on turntables. Flutter is the fast variation of pitch commonly caused by the push/pull distortions caused by the magnets that drive a DD turntable motor. Wow is the slow variation of pitch caused by things like a mis-aligned platter, off center spindle holes in a record, off center pressings, record warping, or defective regulators in the DD motor.

In a properly working turntable, NEITHER wow or flutter have any effect at all in your mixing.

The most common cause of wow is record defects (bad pressing, warped vinyl). Try the other side of your VDJ tc vinyl, and see if it works better.
(although the fluctation you mention seems very little, and in nature of a turntable)

Posté Mon 23 Oct 06 @ 1:40 am
UHHHH it says that this email isnt withthis vinyl or some shit wtf ??? well i didnt order with my credit card my friend did for me cause he has one and i just gave him the money so wtf... i gotta make a new account with his email to get support?

Posté Mon 23 Oct 06 @ 1:42 am
thx alot norway :)

Posté Mon 23 Oct 06 @ 2:13 am
I belive you;) so you have timecode icon now ;)

Posté Mon 23 Oct 06 @ 2:21 am

Also, if fluctations are too bad, try lower the asio buffer, at the U46dj.

And always use AUTO for latency in VDJ, with that soundcard..

Posté Mon 23 Oct 06 @ 2:30 am
o um .... well. i haveto use old drivers cause i have the old rev and it doesnt have settings in u46dj to change that stuff so gotta do it in vdj but maybe there is regestry setting and thx for the icon

Posté Mon 23 Oct 06 @ 3:55 am

Never mind that then ;)
It wont really "fix" any flutations, thats turntable related.

I was only thinking you had a latency problem, and that the wow & flutter at the turntable was not really the issue ...

Just test if you can mix well, and you might see that the natural wow & flutter dont matter;) It should not on good turntables...

Posté Mon 23 Oct 06 @ 9:38 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)