Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet 4.1 froze (again)

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

al0000PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hello,

I had a setup which i had been using for the past three years. Since it was a slow system, and i was getting all kinds of problems (both related and non-related to VirtualDJ), i decided to end this system and build a completely new one, from scratch. I had lots of problems with VirtualDJ 4 + (froze or crashes), which i was hoping will get resolved with my new system.

So, recently, I did a full upgrade to my DJ setup. That includes a Sony Vaio Intel Duo 2ghz laptop with Echo Indigo Dj sound card. I chose this sound card because amongst all sound cards i have used for my studio, Echo Audio has VERY well written drivers for their sound cards.

My problem is (and the reason that i am opening this thread) that today, on my new DJ system, VirtualDJ 4.1 r2 just froze again. Music was playing, and then the graphics suddenly froze, nothing was clickable, DAC-3 froze too, and the only solution was to end the virtualdj.exe process. I am testing the new DJ system for the past 1 week, before i put it to work.

I would really like some response from the developers of the software. My question is:

What can i do to see what caused the froze/crash? Is there an error log? Please help me help you.

I am very sad that i cannot trust 4.1 on a live performance.

Thanx
Al.

Posté Sat 11 Nov 06 @ 1:03 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
to ensure the most stable settings for live work

please lower the proformance tab on the settings page

settings>proformances

fast< quality

towards fast in little jumps until the problems stop

Posté Sat 11 Nov 06 @ 2:16 am

CHECK IRQ SHARING!

Posté Sat 11 Nov 06 @ 2:22 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
ah yes i dint think of that

go to device manager

and u will see it listed under properties for each device

aslo some bios will show u this

Posté Sat 11 Nov 06 @ 2:35 am
al0000PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thank you for your responses.

The audio card does INDEED share IRQ with other devices.
However, there's NOT workaround to this on dual-processor machines!

Posté Sat 11 Nov 06 @ 3:09 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posté Sat 11 Nov 06 @ 9:05 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)