Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Mixmeister BPMs & VDJ

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I'm trying to use Mixmeister's BPM program to get accurate BPMs for VDJ. I'm trying to follow DJ-in-Norway's instructions on the process using Mixmeister BPM & the VDJ database updater (available here for download), but the instructions don't match the program (I have version 1.3 for the updater).

Here's what I've got:

Get BPMs from Mixmeister & expot to txt file. No problem
Start VDJ database updater and select "BPM update from Mixmeister file" No problem
Select Mixmeister's outputted txt file. No problem
VDJ database update says task complete. No problem

VDJ is no different though. File BPM don't match Mixmeister's. The mp3database appears untouched.
Not sure about the xml file....can't really read it well enough to understand it.

Am I doing something wrong? How is this supposed to work?

(...if only VDJ did a better job anylizing BPMs...) Maybe I'm doing that wrong too? Do others think VDJ is WAY off with some files when anylizing BPM?

Posté Mon 13 Nov 06 @ 6:40 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posté Mon 13 Nov 06 @ 7:32 pm
Thank you, but that is the program I am using. I don't see any changes as a result. I listed above the steops I am taking.

Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong?

Posté Mon 13 Nov 06 @ 7:48 pm
Dj AlkiPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I also couldnt get it that utility too work so i just entered the bpm manually also the vdj bpm not that bad so u mite only need to change afew.

Just remembered something did u update the vdj bpm first u need to analise all ur songs be4 using the utility?

Posté Mon 13 Nov 06 @ 8:39 pm
Yes, I did try that.

Posté Mon 13 Nov 06 @ 8:48 pm
OK, I may owe VDJ an appology here. I have been anylizing my "non-techno" music files with the "house/techno" option instead of "any music." After reanylizing my hip hop files with "any music" the bpms are much more accurate. My bad, awesome work on the dev's team as usual. ALTHOUGH...I do often have to restart VDJ to get the bpms to anylize. I know this has been posted before, but the problem is there.

Posté Tue 14 Nov 06 @ 3:27 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)