Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Is my DAC 3 crashing my VDJ?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi guys...(",)

Ok, so it's not often I get pissed with VDJ - but recently it's just beginning to annoy me - and this time for sure I don't think it's a computer issue.

I'm using a DAC 3 with Boggis's mapper (version 1.2) with VDJ 4. Everything has been alright until the past couple of weekends when I've experienced straight crashes/freezes. Nothing happens. I'm half way through a song and bang, there she goes. No warning. No wee smiley face. No "This program is not responding". Nothing. No keyboard. No mouse. No sound. Results in a power off from the source. A complete pain when you're in the middle of a song!!!

I regulary check my machine. It has no internet connection so probably isn't a virus/spyware issue. Every weekend I check any hardware issues such as IRQ conflicts (none), problem devices (none), etc using system information and this comes back clean. The machine spec is:

AMD Sempron 2800 (runs at about 2.1 ghz)
GeForce 6600gt with 128mb memory
1.5 gb ddr ram
simple 5.1 soundcard
windows xp professional (sp2 i think)
40 gb hdd with OS and VDJ
160 gb hdd with music & karaoke files (8,000 tracks, 5,500 karaoke)
Sony CD Writer
DAC 3
VDJ 4

I don't do video. I don't do karaoke. I don't do scratching. I hardly use effect or anything. I just do function parties and really only need everything for mixing, which i do alot of. 2 or 3 times a night I close VDJ and reopen it just to give it a rest for a minute or two while i switch to cd

The DAC 3 was the ideal toy to complete my rig and last night I just though "mate, you've gotta go" and unplugged and went back to keyboard. NOT HAPPY!!!

My machine has nothing on it except music, vdj and os so i'm getting a bit concerned. Is my DAC 3 causing these strange crashes?

Please help guys.

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...:o|

P

Posté Sat 25 Nov 06 @ 4:04 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
its possible the dac is conflicting with internal hardware

do you have all the lastest drivers for it

plug it in and look in device manager just to be sure that it doesnt irq clash

aslo try with out the mapper

Posté Sat 25 Nov 06 @ 4:29 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
skyfxl wrote :
its possible the dac is conflicting with internal hardware

do you have all the lastest drivers for it

plug it in and look in device manager just to be sure that it doesnt irq clash

aslo try with out the mapper

As far as I know, the drivers for the machine are fine. It doesn't really get updated, so I don't imagine the drivers need to be either.

Here is my IRQ list from System Information:

IRQ 0 System Timer
IRQ 1 Standard 101/102 key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
IRQ 4 Communications Port (Com 1)
IRQ 6 Standard Floppy Disk Controller
IRQ 8 System CMOS/real time clock
IRQ 9 Microsoft ACPI Compiant System
IRQ 10 RAID Controller
IRQ 12 PS/2 Compatible Mouse
IRQ 13 Numeric Data Processor
IRQ 14 Primary IDE Channel
IRQ 15 Secondary IDE Channel
IRQ 16 NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT
IRQ 21 VIA Rev 5 or later USB Universal Host Controller
IRQ 22 C-Media AC97 Audio Device
IRQ 23 VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adaptor

You can see from this that the only irq share is IRQ 21 for the usb ports, of which I have 6 on the back of the board. The DAC 3 is plugged into one of these and the remaining 5 are not used.

I'll give it a shot without the mapper and see what happens.

Keep them ideas coming in please!

Cheers

P

Posté Sat 25 Nov 06 @ 4:56 pm

Posté Sat 25 Nov 06 @ 4:58 pm
If you are using VDJ 4, you should ideally be using the new v1.4 mapper, which is designed for VDJ 4.x - The v1.2 mapper was designed for VDJ 3.4, although it should still work OK with VDJ 4 for basic functions (Effects, video effects, etc. will not work correctly.)

Try running the new 1.4 mapper with the latest version of VDJ (4.1r2) and see if you still get any problems (Test at home rather than live!)

If you still have problems, try removing the mapper altogether and use just the built-in DAC-3 support. This wil help determine whether the mapper is causing the problem, or something else (Hardware conflict, etc.)

I'm not aware of any problems in either the 1.2 or 1.4 mapper that could cause what you're describing, although it could be a conflict using a mapper that was designed for 3.4 with VDJ 4.x

Posté Sun 26 Nov 06 @ 9:57 pm
mmm alot of text apeared there

when i saw it only a quote was there

so im not a nutter honest :)

there are no clashes there
that i can see

Posté Sun 26 Nov 06 @ 10:07 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)