Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet M-Audio Firewire Audiphile : very bad sound...

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

FoggPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Please could you tell me which parameters I have to change in order to have a decent sound without latency problems ?

I tried another program called SamPartyDJ and with this program, I have a good sound... so I guess this is not the soundcard which is bad... probably I just have to change some parameters in Performance tabstrip and maybe in sound config ??

I would really appreciate if you could provide values to be set... I have a brand new VDJ 4.1 program and can't use it...

Posté Tue 28 Nov 06 @ 5:15 pm
anyone an idea ?

maybe you can provide typical settings for other devices so I can try with it ?

Posté Fri 01 Dec 06 @ 6:18 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
have you tried this

lower your proformance tab

Posté Fri 01 Dec 06 @ 6:33 pm
hi,

I lowered the performance tab and it is slightly better

then I untick the "Safe mode" checkbox and the sound is very good on the external sound card !! I just begin to hope and then I realize that the internal sound card has inherited the very bad sound !! so I can choose which one is good, but not have both !?

I am convinced the program is not efficient in this management of sound cards because my other program switches automatically to external sound card when it is present, when VDJ just outputs an error message and forces me to adjust configuration...

anyway, now I paid the price, I expect the program to work properly. Maybe I am missing something, then VDJ team should provide some input to make it work.

I think M-Audio is not some kind of "exotic" device...

Posté Fri 01 Dec 06 @ 8:52 pm
whats your pc specification?

Posté Fri 01 Dec 06 @ 8:53 pm
Hi,

Thanks for your support.

My PC is a HP Pavilion dv6035

- AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile (TL50) 1,61Ghz
- 2 go RAM
- XP home

Standard sound card is Conexant with driver 3.21.0.50 of 21/04/2006
External sound card is M-Audio Firewire Audiophile with driver 5.10.00.5036v2 of 31/10/2006

I noticed VDJ is disturbed if I connect / deconnect external sound card. I have an error in audio devices and I have to go to Configuration to change settings. But even with changes, I can't get proper sound on both cards together.

Thanks in advance,

Posté Sat 09 Dec 06 @ 9:46 pm

OK, I will try to see... but at first I think IRQ is not the problem, because other DJ program has no problem at all. This one recognizes the external sound card when present, even when it is a "hot plug".

I will try anyway as VDJ is more "live" oriented than this other program, and also because I would not like to give 250 euros for nothing !

Posté Mon 11 Dec 06 @ 9:46 am
could you post a screenshot of your soundconfig for us

Posté Mon 11 Dec 06 @ 6:56 pm
here are my paramaters:

but I can change parameters in Performance tab, it doesnt change anything... the program just freezes 5 or 6 seconds, then continues...

Posté Sun 24 Dec 06 @ 2:22 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
There is a known issue with two sound card setups producing crackles and pops in the second sound card. It is a bug and on the list for resolution in the next release.

On the output channels - change it around - Mater - first card ; Headphones - second - do the cracks and pops go away on the first cards - and appear on the second?

Posté Sun 24 Dec 06 @ 4:03 pm
aslo try latency "auto"

Posté Sun 24 Dec 06 @ 4:05 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Fogg -

Try this ---

1. Go to you Sound and Audio Devices Setup in the Windows Control Panel -
2. When the setup dialog comes up - On the Volume tab - in the Device Volume section - Click on the Advance button
3. The Master Volume Dialog will come up - click on the menu choice Options, then Properties
4. From the Properties, choose your M-Audio FW card as the mixer device - click OK
5. --Now if you don't have the Advance Button below the left slider then go the the Options menu and click Advance properties --
6. Ok, now everything but the first two faders - MUTE.
7. Set the Wave fader to about half, set the Play Control Volume - to about 75%
8. Click the advance button and make sure that the bass and treble are to the far right.
9. Now close out of everything making sure you choose OK where appropriate.
Now launch VDJ and what happens?

cstoll

Posté Sun 24 Dec 06 @ 4:26 pm
hello there !

I tried the "auto" latency and... it works !!!!! thanks sky !!!

I did not expect the solution would be so simple, after everything I tried !

Anyway I am very happy to end this year with such a good news ! and I would like to thank you all for your support !

I wish you a splendid year 2007 !

Posté Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 1:01 pm
glad it worked have a nice nye!

and newyear

Posté Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 1:04 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)