Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Virtual DJ and GeForce 6150!!!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi all, i am testing Virtual DJ 4.2 (trial) on a Notebook with this specs... Turion X2 64 bits 1.6 GHz, 1 GB RAM, nVidia Go 6150 256 MB, 80 GB en DD, Remote Control, WiFi and BT. MIC and WebCam 1.3 MBPx...

Well the problem is with videos, when i play videos with the 3d acceleration enabled (on virtual DJ) the playing video freeze in seconds after start, i know this topic are alredy in this forum, but, i do what the solution say and the video plugin of virutal DJ just print a error...

i try to update the drivers but i cant find the right driver for GO 6xxx series.

any idea?

Regards!

Posté Tue 26 Dec 06 @ 12:27 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
try www.driversguide.com

user drivers password all

:)

Posté Tue 26 Dec 06 @ 12:53 am
that was the frist place where i search when the computer arriba and the driver isnt there

Posté Tue 26 Dec 06 @ 1:05 am
does windows update have one?

Posté Tue 26 Dec 06 @ 1:17 am

Well the REAL problem is easier than that...

NVIDIA GeForce Go 6100 / 6150 is the integrated graphic of NVIDIA for notebooks.
It does NOT have any dedicated memory, but uses a part of the mainmemory (shared memory with windows), and its really only 64mb, unless you have lots of main memory where it can use up to 245mb ram (if you have 2 gigabyte of system ram).

But even so, the issue with SHARED memory remains, it does NOT work well for hardware accelerated graphics, and most often it does not work at all...

You need a graphic card with DEDICATED ram on the graphic card.

Posté Tue 26 Dec 06 @ 1:40 am
i know that i have onboard VGA but... Virtual DJ its too heavy? at least NFS Carbon run very well and a pair of Videos don do it on a core duo tecnolgy with 1 GB of RAM?... i got a desktop pc too with a GeForce MX440 AGP 4x and 64 mb of memory, the pc its old (Athlon 1300 MHz and 512 RAM DDR 200) and virtual dj run very well if you dont push it, but videos dont freeze.

Posté Tue 26 Dec 06 @ 2:17 am
showing video needs ram and graphics if your card is eating ram its left behind

aslo intergrated graphics lacks many multimedia features needed to render higher quality video

sorry you may find dififculty with any mixing program for video

Posté Tue 26 Dec 06 @ 2:21 am

Sure it MIGTH work...

Just saying you dont have the best of graphic cards.

But the freeze might be hardware related, such as the soundcarc and graphic card share IRQ, or the similar.

Hard to tell from here, but maybe you can post a screen shot of your hardware device list?

Posté Tue 26 Dec 06 @ 2:21 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
WolfRamiO wrote :
i know that i have onboard VGA but... Virtual DJ its too heavy? at least NFS Carbon run very well and a pair of Videos don do it on a core duo tecnolgy with 1 GB of RAM?... i got a desktop pc too with a GeForce MX440 AGP 4x and 64 mb of memory, the pc its old (Athlon 1300 MHz and 512 RAM DDR 200) and virtual dj run very well if you dont push it, but videos dont freeze.

How often do you keep your system up-to-date with the OS? Like DirectX and Windows Media Player? Are those up-to-date? IF not, update them and see how things perform.

Posté Tue 26 Dec 06 @ 2:28 am

Posté Tue 26 Dec 06 @ 2:31 am
i had the ge force 7600 same problem with video. what i did and it work for me was that i rolled back the driver to original, other words everytime i update the drivers it didnt work i did a pc recovery to orig. and bang it work prefect. check your nvidia drivers and make sure they all the same. well hope this help a little i stumble on this after 2 days of troubleshooting.

Posté Tue 26 Dec 06 @ 9:27 am
mmmmm.... develoment team need to improve technical support xDDDD, i just change the AVI and the rest of the format decoders from Video Decoder to Windows MediaPlayer Video Decoder, now my little AWESOME INTEGRATE nVIDIA GEFORCE Go 6150 WITH 256 MB OF SHARED RAM ITS JUST KICKING ASS

Posté Wed 27 Dec 06 @ 1:29 pm

Did changing to Windows Media Player make it work good with shared ram?

Well thats good news;)

Posté Wed 27 Dec 06 @ 3:57 pm
mmmmm.... develoment team need to improve technical support xDDD
Please don't be that way about support. You will be amazed how much they actually help you out on these boards. And if you read the requirements for VDJ you would see that you need a Video card with at least 128 mb DEDICATED RAM to run video. Now if changing to Windows Media as the DECODER helped you, it may not help all as we have been down this road with quite a few users and once they got a good GPU they came back happy as ever so Please don't knock the support around here as most of the support we get is from djs just like us putting in their time to help others out!!

Posté Wed 27 Dec 06 @ 9:23 pm
lbushbyPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Had a similar problem with geforce card using hardware acceleration.

Under the video driver setting click on the troubleshooting tab.

You will then find a accelartion slide bar.

Reduce this about two thrids of the way until directdraw is disabled.

Then save setting and run VirtualDJ

I found once this was done the card works perfect without and freezing.

Let me know how you get on

:) Lee

Posté Wed 27 Dec 06 @ 9:51 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)