Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Preview audio bug still occurs in 4.2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Posté Thu 28 Dec 06 @ 1:50 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The preview bug is only on large jumps during the pre-listen. By dragging the slider in small increments you should not be getting the problem [Which was an improvement from 4.1] However, the DevTeam is aware of this.

Also, 4.2 was an improvement release focused on 'bugs' and not new features. True not all bugs were necessarily fixed - but it was a minor version 4.1 to 4.2 change.

Posté Thu 28 Dec 06 @ 3:14 pm
Hi,
I am aware it will play through fine and not skip and if you are really careful dragging, it may not skip. But, it is a very fine line and if you cross it, you are totally screwed and look like an idiot. So as far as that feature is concerned, it remains broken in my opinion, and not truly usable. I'm sticking with 3.4 :(

Posté Thu 28 Dec 06 @ 7:23 pm
I can respect that - and sorry if it seemed I was implying it was fixed in any form. Just offering that is not a total loss and there is still room for fixing.

Question - do you use an external mixer?

Posté Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 12:47 am
Yes always an external mixer.

Posté Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 1:24 am
So do you have headphones to the PC/Laptop to use the pre-listen? Or do you route the pre-listen to a channel on your mixer?

I understand the convenience of the pre-listen capability, but I find it odd to use that feature when an external mixer is involved. Maybe I am just to in-the-box and not taking advantage of what's out-side the box.

Posté Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 5:41 am
I route the preview/sample channel to the mixer, It allows me to listen to songs in the catalog instead of having to load them in a deck. I play a lot of different functions/clubs and different genres. So I find it to be very useful. It also keeps my play list relatively accurate since vdj insists on saying a song has been played when it is even loaded in a deck for a period of time.

Posté Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 9:31 am
Soundman69 wrote :
I route the preview/sample channel to the mixer, It allows me to listen to songs in the catalog instead of having to load them in a deck. I play a lot of different functions/clubs and different genres. So I find it to be very useful. It also keeps my play list relatively accurate since vdj insists on saying a song has been played when it is even loaded in a deck for a period of time.

wow ;i never thougth of that- now i have a reason to use vdj preview...Damn...lol
i normally play em onnadecks And yes i hate my playlists are Always screwed up heheh(mutiple songs of same ,songs i only played 10 secs etc etc etc...

o.k well nowi want this fixed too .................when ever you guys get to it ( i'm used to editing my playlists now heheh

Posté Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 9:02 pm
Thanks to the Xmas update this has been sorted :D

Posté Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 5:06 am
Mykel - there is still a fine bug in the pre-listen that Soundman is concerned with. The pre-listen still needs refinement. It's better than what is was before this last update, but still needs work.

Posté Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 10:02 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)