Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet DAC-3 Works then Doesn't...???

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

My DAC-3 usually sits in my road box and I use it once a week... I remove my rackmountable computer and use it at home daily.

Last week I was doing my weekly gig at the VFW and I had to go in early for a Birthday Party. When I loaded up VDJ, nothing from the DAC-3... none of the codes, nothing to indicate that VDJ was communicating with it.

All the lights were on, just no control over VDJ. I did the normal trouble shooting, unplugged USB cable, replugged, unplugged again and again... Then rebooted PC a couple of times, still nothing.

I checked the config and it was checked off in the control panel, but there was a red indicator. I thought maybe a faulty USB cable, but couldn't get to it that night and had to run my whole show via mouse and keyboard (yuck!).

I got my system home and yesterday I took the DAC-3 out of my roadbox and plugged it into a different USB port with a different cable and ran VDJ... all worked fine, no problems. I shut down, re-opened, shut down, and it worked fine, for a while. Then I unplugged it and lost it again.

I now can't get anything from the DAC-3 in VDJ... I don't have other software installed, that I know of, to test the DAC-3. I'm sure the PC is fine, the software is fine (just did the update), and the cable is fine... as far as the DAC-3, I don't know.... I'm pretty sure it is fine, I haven't dropped it or spilt liquid in it.

Anyone have any suggestions or advice? Maybe a way that I can check in the Windows Device Settings to make sure that it's connected? Maybe something I'm missing? No yellows are reds in there as far as I can see.

Thanks.

Posté Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 12:10 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
try uninstalling the drivers reboot
and reinstalling them then reboot again :--)

Posté Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 12:14 am
I thought the drivers were hard wired... I know that I downloaded the DLL, but I'll try downloading again.

Posté Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 12:51 am
The DAC-3 is a standard USB HID device and doesn't need any special drivers (Nothing to install/re-install.)

When plugging the DAC-3 in (Make sure VDJ is NOT running), check that all the lights illuminate simultaneously for a few seconds and no numbers are shown on the displays.

Go into the Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager and browse to and expand Human Interface Devices. The DAC-3 will be listed as USB Human Interface Device. Double-click on this and you should see PCDJ DAC-3 next to Location:

Start VDJ. If you are running v4.2, make sure you tick DAC-3 in Remote Control and untick DMC/DAC-2 (The DAC-3 has its own separate tickbox now.)

If you have tried other USB cables and USB sockets on the PC, the USB socket on the DAC-3 might be damaged or faulty. Try wiggling the cable and see if this causes the DAC-3 to reset.

Posté Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 12:52 am
Tickle Me Elmo and call me Stupid...

I knew all about the USB device and drivers... I'd downloaded the mapper but never used it. I deleted it.

My settings must have gotten overwritten somehow... when I checked, the DMC2 was checked and the DAC-3 wasn't.... strange goings on.

After having unchecked the DMC2, and checked the DAC-3, got the green light.

I just can't imagine that there the settings changed. I guess maybe my using my PC at home has something to do with it.

Will report back more tomorrow.

Posté Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 1:00 am
PCGumshoe wrote :
I'd downloaded the mapper but never used it. I deleted it.

You should give it a try at some point (Especially the latest v1.4 that's designed for VDJ 4.x) - It will allow you to do a lot more with your DAC-3, including video mixing, audio FX and samples.

When installing VDJ 4.2 for the first time, you may end up with the DMC/DAC-2 ticked instead of DAC-3 - This is because the DAC-3 was originally grouped together with DMC/DAC-2 in 4.1 and earlier (So v4.2 retains this setting after upgrade.)

This change in VDJ has caught quite a few DAC-3 users out so far!

Posté Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 1:55 am
I have played with the DAC-3 and would strongly recommend jpboggis' mapper. His lovely work gives you so much more functionality with the DAC-3. It makes a good controller into a great one.

Mykel

Posté Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 4:20 am
I couldn't have said it better.

Posté Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 2:48 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)