Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet Scratching - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

any tips on stratching but keeping the song on beat

Posté Mon 01 Jan 07 @ 8:37 pm
How do you get to Carnagie Hall?

You Practice.

Posté Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 5:47 am

Posté Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 5:49 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posté Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 1:37 pm

Posté Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 1:37 pm
Man he is insane!!! That is unreal!!

Posté Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 9:48 am
yes indeed he is :)

Posté Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 12:06 pm
The favorite one was the one with the Drum Beats, now that is impressive.

Posté Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 4:32 am
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Guys...what's the name of the track he scratches over in this clip?

Cheers...(",)

P

Posté Tue 23 Jan 07 @ 2:25 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Pionara, that is a loop of Rappers Delight by Sugarhill Gang he is scratching over....which was a sample originally lifted from Chic - Good Times..which in turn was lifted..just kidding.

Posté Tue 23 Jan 07 @ 8:54 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Nice one...ta...(",)

P

Posté Tue 23 Jan 07 @ 11:46 pm
hi..ive seen djs scratching on LPs but still keeping the beat match..how do they do yhis and how do they keep the flow of beats when changing songs?

Posté Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 1:44 pm
heeeeeeeeeeeeeeee is great

Posté Sat 10 Feb 07 @ 2:04 pm
j2chuloHome userMember since 2006

Posté Sat 17 Feb 07 @ 6:50 am
seweHome userMember since 2007
who is this guy man he is realy realy great

Posté Sat 17 Feb 07 @ 9:36 pm
DME-CEOPRO InfinityMember since 2006
you don't know who this dude is? you'd better ask somebody, no wait you already have.... :) just kidding but seriously DJ Qbert is a one of the most respected turntablist probably in the world!! I myself saw him in Japan

Posté Sun 18 Feb 07 @ 7:14 am
nice :)

Posté Sun 18 Feb 07 @ 1:12 pm
than'ks ! verry good

Posté Mon 23 Apr 07 @ 12:32 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
keemanuu wrote :
hi..ive seen djs scratching on LPs but still keeping the beat match..how do they do yhis and how do they keep the flow of beats when changing songs?

Well it's sort of like playing a musical instrument, actually very much like it. The DJ is catching the track on a beat, let's a bass drum. Then he releases the bass drum sound ON BEAT of the other song he is mixing with.

I think Marcel said it first in this thread..."How do you get to Carnegie Hall" You practice. These QBERT Videos I would venture to guess he spent at least 10 hours to perfect a 2 minute session. And, he already knows how to do all the basic scratches.

Posté Wed 25 Apr 07 @ 3:55 pm
I agree, I would start out with beat matching so you can learn how to seperate your sound focuses. If you can't do this yet scratching is going be more A lot more difficult. ( all the drum levels, speed, vocals, ect.. ) then you mix in the fact of using one hand to do one thing while the other hand does another thing that is totally different.

This takes a lot of focus and coordination of mind and body.

PRACTICE with one thing and perfect it to before moving on to the next thing.

Think about it... you have two songs that you want to mix together. How are they going to blend sound wise? Transitions is going to be a who different ballgame.

PRACTICE > You have to practice to learn the sounds of each stroke / instrument / vocal / fade

Posté Wed 25 Apr 07 @ 9:49 pm
95%