Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Did anybody experience this ? - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Funky-TPRO InfinityMember since 2006
In TC mode every time when i move the needle across the vinyl to listen different parts of the song, i get ½ second playback of the last needle drop i did, then right after it plays the actual position of the song. Everything is happening in a split of second.
Any idea?

VDJ v.4.2
LAPTOP: DELL
CPU: INTEL 3.2 GHz HT
RAM: 1.2 Gig
SOUND: MAYA44USB

Posté Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 3:35 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
which timecode mode?

Posté Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 3:47 pm
In all... only when i use the VTC's when i do needle dropping.
When i use the DAC3 everything it's ok.

Posté Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 8:36 pm

Think its something we gotta live with.

It takes a split second to tell the software that you did needle drop, and telling where you're at now

Posté Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 8:50 pm
Maybe i didn't say it right. It's not a gap/silence for 1/2 sec, it's actualy 1/2 sec of my previous neddle drop, is like repeating/remembering my last drop for 1/2 sec and after that it's playing properly at the new position/groove.

I say this because i did not hear this before the last update.

Posté Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 5:10 am
thats strange, because when i had the time coded vinyl working, its not now, anyways it didnt do that to me, try lowering your performence tab to try and free up some cpu, what soundcard r u using?????? as norway says, and i quote ALWAYS SET LATENCY TO AUTO IN VDJ!!! thats the exact words he used and he also put it in caps, sorry norway i had to use it, it was there, hehehe

Posté Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 8:10 am
hmm... if i lower any of my settings lower than i have it right now why should i use a 3.0 GHz HT :)
well...how yours is behaving when you do needle drop, exactly like mine...is normal like that?
"repeating/remembering my last drop for 1/2 sec and after that it's playing properly"

Posté Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 8:27 pm
mine did not repeat for a second when i needle dropped tho, it played in the right place

Posté Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 1:36 am
When you needle drop, VDJ won't know the position has changed until it reads a timecode from the vinyl (Or CD) with the new position. This is why you hear a short clip of sound from the previous position - It knows the record (Or CD) is spinning, but does not know the position in the song has changed until it reads a timecode with the new position.

Posté Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 7:02 pm
Thank you...you have the perfect answer so far.

All TC systems up there they do the same thing?
Should this be something to get fixed in the new update if possible?

Posté Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 1:55 pm
ChunkyHome userMember since 2005
Just a thought but perhaps this is a problem with a buffer not being cleared somewhere? (either in a soundcard or in VDJ itself)

If there is still some audio from the last part of the TCV which you were playing kicking around in the buffer (like the last bit of water in a hosepipe when you switch the water off), it is possibly reaching VDJ when you needle-drop somewhere else. (I.e. turn the hose back on again) and causing the problem you are seeing.

Just a thought - cos I'm not an expert in this sorta stuff by a mile. :o)

Posté Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 2:23 pm
Maybe, but what should i check, what kind of testing i need to to, far as i remember i did not had this problem before, but maybe i'm wrong, maybe i didn't notice till now.

Posté Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 6:55 pm
Funky-T wrote :
All TC systems up there they do the same thing?

I'm not sure about other timecode systems because I've only ever used timecode in VDJ.

I don't think it's a buffer problem because if it was, you would also get the same behaviour when using controllers such as the DAC-3, etc. (Or even mouse/keyboard shortcuts!)

One possible way around this would be to add an option to VDJ so that if the record/CD is paused for a given amount of time (E.g: 1000ms), motion will then be ignored until positional information is read from the timecode.

Posté Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 7:05 pm
jpboggis wrote :
One possible way around this would be to add an option to VDJ so that if the record/CD is paused for a given amount of time (E.g: 1000ms), motion will then be ignored until positional information is read from the timecode

Make's sense...but maybe do you think is got something to do with the latency ?

Posté Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 7:22 pm
Yes, latency may make a difference to how pronounced the problem is (High buffer size will mean VDJ will take longer to read a timecode and the response will be more laggy too.)

Posté Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 7:37 pm
wessmith wrote :
mine did not repeat for a second when i needle dropped tho, it played in the right place

soo... for some people works good and for others don't, how many of you experienced this?
Please pay attention to the problem, not just come here and say "it works on mine". I would like if possible to hear a sample from you doing needle drop for at least 6 times or more from different parts of a song.

Please guys check on this when you get home.

Posté Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 9:06 pm
Soo...nobody can explain this?

Posté Sat 06 Jan 07 @ 11:23 pm
try first the lowest latency possible

then autolatency

what happens?

Posté Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 12:59 am

when I close my Atomix free version, the computer is closed also abruptly.
could you help me please?

lorsque je ferme mon Atomix, l'ordinateur se ferme aussi brusquement.;(

Posté Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 4:20 pm
stickybomb wrote :

when I close my Atomix free version, the computer is closed also abruptly.
could you help me please?

lorsque je ferme mon Atomix, l'ordinateur se ferme aussi brusquement.;(

i answered on you other post please stay on topic and dont double post

thanks.

Posté Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 5:02 pm
80%