Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Got My DAC-3..Question Regarding +/-

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
My DAC-3 arrived today and i'm testing it out with the demo version..

Question...Is there a way I can make the pitch +/- button's not to go "that much"...meaning when I hit it jumps a lot...for those that have used the Denon dual decks you know what I mean when I say these buttons don't operate exactly like those. Maybe the word i'm looking for is "sensitive".

Posté Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 3:01 am
Oh another question...

there isn't something like an "autocue" is there in VDJ is there? Autocue is great with the cdj's because it takes the blank space out at the beginning of the track and as ya know mp3's have some silence at the beginning of the file.

Posté Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 3:26 am
I did find the autocue in the settings tab and it is enabled but it doesn't see to automatically cue to the first downbeat like the denon cdjs do.

hmmm...anyone care to help with the pitch ben d buttons question I first posted about? really need to use those buttons like how they are on the denon controllers.

thanks so much.

Posté Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 8:18 am
Please wait a little bit...

There are a few experienced DAC users here, and I'm sure you'll get help as soon as they are back online

Posté Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 8:33 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
well hello there :)

as a pro user you have acess to a mapper to adjust the activities of the dac to your liking :)

Posté Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 12:24 pm
Hi Sky!

There are 2 versions of Virtual DJ? The $299 isn't the pro version? $20 more is the pro version? What are the differences besides the extra $20 will give me access to the dac-3 mapper?

My Dell lappy is arriving tomorrow. I'm guessing when I get it I should first reformat the system and reinstall XP and then load VDJ software eh so I won't have any issues?

My soundcard is on backorder. :(

Posté Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 6:51 pm

There is only one version sold online here, and that is the PRO version :)

It comes in two ways:
- Boxed, sent by (snail) mail
- Instant internet download (currently for a discount)

Hope that helps;)

And yes, BOTH above give same rights to all plugins, updates etc :)

Posté Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 7:02 pm
check the comparison for more info :)
comparison

Posté Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 7:15 pm
JayMSY wrote :
Hi Sky!
My Dell lappy is arriving tomorrow. I'm guessing when I get it I should first reformat the system and reinstall XP and then load VDJ software eh so I won't have any issues?

i would they put all sorts of crap on them when they first arrive

be sure to check you have all the drivers first :-)

Posté Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 7:16 pm
skyfxl wrote :
check the comparison for more info :)
comparison

Those versions are not sold on the site though sky ;)

Only "two version", the internet download and the boxed version, that are both really the same version (vdj pro)

Posté Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 7:24 pm
true

i was dying to press that button :-)

Posté Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 7:28 pm
I was playing around with the demo last night and the DAC-3 getting used to it and it seems nice. I did have seem to notice a couple of things I didn't really like one of those being the file doesn't cue to the first downbeat and seems I'm always having to "jog" in just a tad.

When I had MT on on the DAC and used the pitch slider the songs weren't slowing down/speeding up but you could hear the audio trying to resample and .. well that's not gonna work. Might just be this desktop though as its a bit dated and has tons of stuff running in the background.

The most challenging thing I think will be is finding a music organization scheme that will work for me.

Dell is supposed to send the OS CD with the system. I'm hoping that the OS CD is just that and won't have all that other stuff on it that will be automatically put back on when I go to reinstall the OS.

Posté Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 7:40 pm
kool just do a reinstall of windows and add the drivers

and try and keep it dedicated to vdj as much as possible that way it will have better proformance

Posté Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 7:42 pm

Turn Auto Cue on, in VDJ options, to have it start on 1st beat automatically

The quality of the MT can be set in VDJ performance tab, and at highest settings its awesome.. ;) But you need a powerfull PC for it

Posté Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 7:59 pm
I did have autocue on. That was one of the things I checked in the settings to make sure it was enabled. I just found that 9/10 tracks I played I had to adjust the jog to get it right on the first beat.

As far as powerful PC I think i'm going to be covered. :)

Inspiron E1705, Intel Core 2 Duo processor T7200 (4MB/2.00GHz/667MHz)
2GB, DDR2, 667MHz 2 Dimm, for Inspiron 9400,E1705
256MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS, for Inspiron 9400/E1705
100GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive for Inspiron 9400/E1705
Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2, English, for Inspiron
Windows Media Player 10 (am I going to have to update this? aren't they at 11 now?)
8X DVD+/-RW Drive, for Inspiron 9400/E1705

I'm planning on keeping it dedicated for DJing only but as one person suggested I could set it up for 2 users one for VDJ and one for internet. I would tend to think that might could still cause problems down the road though don't you?

Now if only my soundcard would get off backorder. :)

Posté Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 8:23 pm
just keep your antivirus and antispyware updated all will be fine :)

Posté Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 8:29 pm
I know Norton is a resource hog and thats what I use on my desktop. What's a good antivirus you might could recommend that works great but doesn't eat resources? Oh wait I won't have antivirus in the VDJ user eh? No need right?

For antispyware I use PC Tools' Spyware Doctor. Seems great so far.

Posté Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 8:41 pm
oh my thats spyware its self :(

good antivirus to use is avg and good antispyware is Spybot

both are free :)

Posté Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 8:43 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)